STI exhaust on a 02 WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Washatonian is an unknown
STI exhaust on a 02 WRX

Hi everyone , first time poster here, I have done a lot of reading on this site lately and I have a question for you. Will a 2006 STI stock turbo-back exhaust fit on a 2002 WRX. Because of rust issues the WRX turbo-back should be replaced and I found a 06 STI exhaust with 30,000 miles on it for 190.00 bucks. We would replace the uppipe also. Probably would need a tune. If this works, would it be a good idea? I asked the dealership but they couldn't confirm that it would fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
It will fit. You don't need to be retuned.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Washatonian is an unknown
Thanks brfatal thats good news. So I plan on installing the TBE as it looks simple enough but I will probably pay someone to do the UP. Is it important which one goes on first if I don't get to one or the other right away? Common sense tells me I should have the UP done first since the STI exhaust is designed to run on only 2 cats.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
It doesn't really matter what order you install those exhaust parts. The up pipe will be the trickiest part as you'll have to remove the headers to get to it. The downpipe and cat back are fairly straightforward. What does matter is tricking your car into thinking it still has a catalytic converter in the up pipe. Search around for "02-05 WRX catless up pipe resistor mod" or something similar and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you simply bolt the catless up pipe on there, you'll throw a check engine light.

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement