Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stg 3 ?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  slo2sixty 
#1 ·
Im goin stage three soon and i was wondering what kind of gas mileage should i expect? Thanks guys

#5 ·
Yeah, stage 3 being the STI turbo upgrade. You won't be that much different than stage2 unless you mash the pedal a lot. If I can stay out of it...I almost can get close to what my stock wrx used to get and I'm in a stage 2 STI. ;)

#9 ·
I get 25mpg with my stage whatever, check my mods. When I was stage 2 I got 19 miles to gallon on an OTS map, after a tune I got 25 mpg.
A lot will depend on your driving, but a good map cam also help. Just don't redline ever gear and you should be fine, but if you drop the hammer it suck the gas.

If you don't have the turbo yet, I would just go ahead and set up to a VF30/34 or a 16g. The 39, 30, 34 and 16g will all be in the same HP range of 270-280 whp.

#11 ·
When i bought the car the owner gave me the 39 and injectors so i was allready halfway there. Just need fuel pump and ic. And i found an walbro and tstat kit for 127. with the filter kit also. is it worth it to get the Tstat and if so a 160 or a 170. im gonna make a new thread about this tho.. Thx guys

#10 ·
I know on my old 34 I would sometimes hit 30mpg on the highway (when I could keep it under 80 lol)...and city I got around 18 with the occasional flogging...on my green I'm seeing about the same highway numbers but citys way less lol :D...I guess its like everyone said it all depends on your tune and driving style

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.