Stealth Mode :D - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Stealth Mode :D

I'm not sure how many of you guys know, but I used to run a Helix exhaust and about 3 months ago I got sick of the huge fart-can axle back so I just pulled it off and ran like that until today, I went to my local muffler shop and got them to install a 3" Turbo Muffler for 75 bucks, and boy it is nice. It's slightly louder than stock but not too much and I think it looks a million times better than the old fart-can

exhaust

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt

Last edited by basco; 04-20-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-20-2010, 01:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
there we go...pic is up, sorry it's so crappy

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

jdowrx is an unknown
Stealth is the way to go. Looks good man. Im also thinking about doing something about my fartcan exhaust. Im thinking about just welding a cutout at the end of my downpipe and putting the stock catback back on.
#4 Old 04-20-2010, 09:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

yeah I toyed with the idea of a cut out, but then i realized that with the design of most cutouts it would add even more backpressure while closed so I just went with the muffler, and I will post some vids tomorrow

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#5 Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Matt, you know fartcans are cool.....

Now you're fart-less.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Pedro F is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Pedro F
I don't have a wrx but i just put 3" TBE on my car and used this as a muffler.

Dynomax Performance Exhaust | Mufflers | Dynomax VT Muffler

Put out about 95-97 db about 2' away 45 degree angle at idle no drone what so ever at 75 on highway..
#7 Old 08-05-2010, 04:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

comman is an unknown
Our parts are designed for the automotive performance world. We try to offer the parts that you need, and the prices you can afford. We don't waste time with useless parts that don't contribute to you going faster......east bay personal trainer

Last edited by comman; 08-07-2010 at 02:12 AM.
#8 Old 08-05-2010, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

what parts?

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#9 Old 08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Good question Matt. It's frustrating when the audience has no idea what you're talking about. Give us the other half of the story comman!!! We can't read your mind

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#10 Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hmmm... he has a 2003 STi....

So, that muffler is welded to the stock pipe? And how did you find out what kind of backpressure there would be? They have that data? I'd like something lowkey, quiet, but without backpressure. I would just stick my STi catback if power wasn't an issue. I like the sound of it with a catless downpipe.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#11 Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

hahaha stock???? not at all man...it's welded to the axleback section of my old 3" Helix exhaust, as for back pressure I don't have any firm data but it's better than stock but not as good as my old exhaust...however not getting a headache just backing out of the driveway is so worth the maybe 5whp loss

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt