stage 2, well almost - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 Old 10-18-2009, 11:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I mean, it's not "ugly" per se, it just looks like a plain boxy plate to me. Personally, I'd rather see piping, filters, and neatly arranged wires in an engine bay. That's just my opinion anyway.

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 10-19-2009, 03:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kramericaa is an unknown
I didn't even realize this but my k&n CAI can be turned into a short ram AI. You guys think that will work with the cobb stage 2 map. I know they use the stock airbox or their own cobb short ram air, but by turning this one into a short ram it makes it pretty close to cobbs. Any thoughts?
post #33 of 33 Old 10-22-2009, 12:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kramericaa is an unknown
Well, I just got the Cobb AP and went stage 2. Can't say that I noticed a huge power change at low rpm's like everyone talked about. However, when I went WOT I immediately found out what the hype was all about. Feels like a bigger turbo and a couple extra liters in that thing. I only have a couple small concerns. First being that I have the K&N short ram intake and not the stock intake which the AP clearly states: turboback and stock airbox. I still don't see how it makes that much of a difference, the bend before the MAF is very slight and can't be much different than cobbs(which I understand is fine with the stage 2 map). I mean how much of bend are we talkin, that would make it a problem. And of course my other concern is the infamous 02 "glass tranny" complaint. I got 90k on the car so I hope it holds up. Overall, the stage 2 is a must if you own a wrx.