Stage 2 improvements - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-30-2008, 02:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

06dubbrx ltd is an unknown
I've read that tgv deletes have been proven to give a 10hp gain on a stock turbo. The bigger the turbo the bigger the gain. Besides there not that expensive. But no matter what, you'll be guzzling more fuel. The price of gas is getting lower every time i look, so you should be okay....for now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-30-2008, 05:15 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Umm that makes no sense to me. Lets spend more money on gas, regardless the price, just for a few pain staking HP. To each their own though.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#18 Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
That's why they're called "horsepower junkies" - it's like a crack addiction

John
07 WRX
#19 Old 11-30-2008, 02:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but is there a difference between the 06sti-06wrx hood scoop?
#20 Old 11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Umm that makes no sense to me. Lets spend more money on gas, regardless the price, just for a few pain staking HP. To each their own though.
What im saying is, because the price of of fuel is less, it won't hurt your pocket ass much to fill your tank, but regaurdless, your gonna spend more money when ever you mod your car.More air flow=more fuel, even if it's a few pain staking hp.
#21 Old 11-30-2008, 03:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dubbrx ltd View Post
Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but is there a difference between the 06sti-06wrx hood scoop?
No, they're the same. The STI uses a different splitter though and a Different TMIC.
#22 Old 11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

subarooster is an unknown
also look into an external wastegate. apparently you can pull 15-40 hp out of it with a tune n other than being super crazy loud i've heard nothing but good about them. i'm still debating whether i want one or not. a little scared of the noise though lol

anyways, about the fuel pump and injectors...i didn't think u need 2 change those with the stock turbo?? and even if u did 650cc!?!?! that seems a bit...excessive don't u agree lol?? (excuse my poor grammar lol)
#23 Old 11-30-2008, 07:56 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Actually I went from stock to stage 1, got better MPGs, and now have been running stage 2 for awhile. More power and I have better gas mileage. Its all in how its driven.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#24 Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Fan_0717 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by subarooster View Post
also look into an external wastegate. apparently you can pull 15-40 hp out of it with a tune n other than being super crazy loud i've heard nothing but good about them. i'm still debating whether i want one or not. a little scared of the noise though lol

anyways, about the fuel pump and injectors...i didn't think u need 2 change those with the stock turbo?? and even if u did 650cc!?!?! that seems a bit...excessive don't u agree lol?? (excuse my poor grammar lol)
I have a Tial 44mm external gate........they're loud if you dump them atmospherically. (i am )
You can plumb the WG dump back into the DP, it's very common.

You guys with these HP numbers. Most all numbers you read about are inflated. According to the product companies i have bought from i should have 10 million hp.
I have 90% of the bolt ons available for my car............no seriously.

I would suggest a fuel pump before modifying a car. Its 90 bucks with an install kit and takes 30 minutes. The way the return works; it's not needed to modify or "tune" for it.......!

No on the injectors until you get a bigger turbo. I could tune your car to run on 850cc in 5 minutes and you would think they were stock. IDCs homie.

Also, TGVs are very very very labor intensive and a all around PITA. You can get a few ponies (10hp on a stock turbo......dunno about that). You will need to tune for it regardless, you will run lean and need the codes disabled.
Basically, if your asking about if you need a FP you don't need TGVs or an External Gate yet.

Last time i'm writing because obviously it's falling on deaf ears.

Anthony

Meth'd, EWG'd, Str8 Cut PPG'd, 20G'd Bug-i, 354awhp and 315tq SAE 5 Corrected 50/50 meth @ 19-20psi.
#25 Old 12-01-2008, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
If you get the STI TMIC...you'll need the STI IC pipe. It uses a different angle and will not work with the standard IC pipe.
the the pipe that connects to the compressor housing comes up a little short. You'll need to order a 90 degree silicon coupler to allow for the extra distance needed to reach the little TD-04. Unibombers manifesto on NASIOC has a whole section about IC's including the STi TMIC, there links to get couplers in there.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#26 Old 12-01-2008, 06:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Thanks mike, I thought that I basically wrote that. But, not nearly as concise...
#27 Old 12-02-2008, 07:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

isd_intrepid is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to isd_intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX_Fan_0717 View Post

Last time i'm writing because obviously it's falling on deaf ears.
Just copy it to the clipboard. it would save yourself some typing time.
#28 Old 12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

squirells 06 is an unknown
god i feel like a dumbass compared to some of you guys, i thought i knew a lot about my car. apperently not. i need to do a little more reading.
#29 Old 12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
so the higher the stage the better the mpg and power? but the only reason why people with stage II and III dont see it is cause they have more power = more romping = less mpg right?

Last edited by srninjastar; 12-07-2008 at 04:06 PM.
#30 Old 12-07-2008, 07:58 PM

Depending on how its driven. Power to weight and all that. Some will argue it one way or the other. I know that as I have gone from stock to stage1 and from stage 1 to stage 2 I got better MPG. Others havent from what I have read.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"