Subaru WRX Forum banner

ssautochrome.com????????

5K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  seanwrxwagon 
#1 ·
ssautochrome.com is dirt cheap...does anyone know if the parts are good performance wise???????????let me know.PLEASE. IM LOOKING TO BUY A TOP MOUNT FROM THIS SITE. let me know

#2 ·
There have been posts from many happy owners. You will also find fitment issue posts as well. You'll have to decide for yourself. Definitely make sure you get their Y-pipe if you do buy from them.

Most comments have been from other boards that I have seen. Mostly on "nasty sock".

#3 ·
did you not read the link I posted in your thread about "hybrid Front mount"? I posted a link to NASIOC that is freaking huge about people discussing it and reviewing. I told you also that I own one and dont have any issues and I know of a few others that have it and dont have any issues.

#11 ·
Mosc is the expert around here, and I asked him bout similar TMIC's at least price range wise and he seemed to strongly believe that you get what you pay for and that they were not very good, As a result I've been opting to go with the perrin tmic stealth which is way more expensive but I am trusting him on this one and hope that it holds true that you get what you pay for. Good luck with what ever you choose to do.

#13 ·
I have always heard both good and bad, not really too much pull either way for me.
I am in no way knocking their product, I do agree with mosc on this part though, you might just get what you pay for. I opted for a perrin ss FMIC and will never have a problem with it, so I paid a little* extra for the added security of my purchase.

*maybe more than a little.

#15 ·
The CSS one is not that big either.

Why are you worried about upgrading your top mount if you're not going to get something larger? The STi, CSS, and SSAC are all good to about VF39 or small 16G size. Bigger than that you're going to want something larger. Especially on the 2.5L cars.

#16 ·
Isn't SSAC an Ebay brand? I'm one of those beleivers of you get what you pay for. I personally hate not having knowledge about a product, and the reassurity (dunno if thats a real word) of it being great quality...

#20 ·
Yah I would probably go with something more brand named then those, I am going to be running a fp16g with the cobb map and they say using the sti tmic is more then enough so if your thinking about running a setup like that a sti tmic might be fine and you could probably get one used in good condition for a good price.

#21 ·
Yes, definitely. That map is not aggressive for the turbo. It's a base map. If you wanted a custom tune with that turbo, you may limit through the intercooler but if you're just running a base map from the AP, the STi TMIC (or any of the others mentioned here) should work fine.

#23 ·
Think it's 17PSI? Could be wrong. That's just a guess.

It's hard to tell you to get a bigger intercooler because the injectors on that base map are quite small (STi Pinks) so even if you wanted to push the turbo more, you will be fuel limited too.

The Cobb 16G map ain't that great if you're longterm goals are more. You likely would have wanted the larger compressor 16Gs out there (like the E3-16G) along with bigger injectors. Neither of which you can use with that base map so it isn't just the STi Intercooler that's the issue.

#24 ·
Alright, Yeah I was talking to the guys at cobb I believe he said 18psi, I also talked to some tuners and they said for my goals the cobb tune would be pretty much perfect and if I wanted a little more out of it to give them a call because usually they can get a extra 15-20 hp or something along those lines.

#25 ·
Really you got to decide how much you want to chew off. The AP map small 16G is a lot less power than a custom tuned E3-16G. Personally, I'd just go for it. It's cheaper to do this once than to keep chipping away at it.

#26 ·
Well basically Like I said this is my daily driver I am not planning on racing this car frequently I just want it to be a little faster. 260-280 is my target whp range, and high mid-high 12's on the quarter mile is my other goal. I don't want to go to crazy because I want it to still be a practical car MPG wise as well as I don't want to risk blowing my trans. I see where your coming from though it would suck to do this then regret it and want more power but If from what every one is saying is true that I will really see very big gains then I don't think I have much to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.