Subaru WRX Forum banner

SPT Now or Wait?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  booosted09 
#1 ·
I know I have been posting all about catbacks and not much else. I dont help myself by looking at exhausts everyday. I think I am ready for one but then another one comes to mind that may fit.

My new thoughts are getting the SPT catback. I want sound for now, I am under warranties still so I wont be doing other mods right now, but plan on in the future. So that brings me to why I am thinking about the SPT. It sounds decent, it is a subaru product, and it keeps me under warranties.

I contacted a local dealership said the parts and labor would be $740. Should I wait two more years until my warranties are up and buy a cobb (that is the one that I like) or is the SPT a decent choice?

#2 ·
SPT is always a good choice. You can always talk to the service mgr at your dealership and see what he says about another aftermarket exhuast. As long as your keeping the stock cat they might not give you any problems. Never hurts to ask. And if not..your still going to get a quality product that sounds good from Subaru.

#5 ·
I love my spt. I got it for 500 from the dealer. Not too loud but nice sound. It's a very easy install, only four bolts and a few rubber hangers. U might have scraping issues if your car is lowered like mine(1.5in) since the pipe is so big. Plus I had it for about a yr n no black marks on my bumper yet since it sticks out like an inch. Tell em you work for a garage n you'll get discounts...lol...I get em!!!

#8 ·
I hate to say it, but Cobb is better sounding and looking IMHO. Back in WA, my friend had the SPT on his 07 wagon, it was only an axle back also. The Cobb is more aggressive sounding, especially at WOT. Thats just me though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.