Subaru WRX Forum banner

Speed Density + BOV ?

14K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Paddydee 
#1 ·
hi
i think about fit any good BOV in my car but i know its not good if u have MAF sensor, but i find info about Speed Density, so i know i can fit it to my car but i like ask u its anybody try instal SD to WRX 2005 ? it work ? i need to do retune and remap my engine ? what about petrol consupction ?

thanks

#2 ·
During my last round of mods, I ditched my MAF sensor and got a speed density tune on my 2007 WRX. My list of modifications is pretty extensive and I only did that because my MAF sensor was basically maxed out. Fuel consumption is pretty high and driving the car before the engine has fully warmed up is a bit rough, but once it warms up, the power delivery is definitely there and smooth as butter. What mods do you have?

#4 ·
A speed density tune is not right for you at this point. You should also not install any type of aftermarket BOV either unless it is set up to fully recirculate the air. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting fresh, cool, compressed air and even though it might sound cool, your car will run poorly with less power. If you want to spend money and do things right, the first mods you should be looking into (pretty much in this order) are:

1) Good tires
2) Make sure that all of your scheduled maintenance is up to date
3) Aftermarket catless up pipe + aftermarket bellmouth downpipe + Stage 2 tune
4) Front and rear swaybars and endlinks

#7 ·
They are all essentially the same, Mandrel Bent aluminum with pretty paintjobs or chrome coats. Most of them come with cone filters and most of them would benifit from a tune. Im not sure about the tuning requirements on the 05 but for anything in my neck of the woods ( 08+ ) a new intake means a new tune.

Its not the only option out there but Cobb makes a nice intake and their access-port comes pre-loaded with a ECU map to match so you get the safest possible setup.

as for other intake brands the accessport only has maps for the cobb intake back in 05 but AEM, K&N, and Injen make some nice intakes. Keep in mind that if you are after that sound a shorter intake path will bring more BPV sound but it will also suck up hotter air because its closer to the engine.

I hope that helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.