Subaru WRX Forum banner

Spark Plugs

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  baller_v24 
#1 ·
Hey, I just bought a new 02 WRX, and I don't know when the last time the guy did a tune up. I'm looking at spark plugs but don't know which ones to get. And they said it is going to take $200 to change them so I want to get it right. Does any one know about some long lasting ones, and ones that will get me some more hwp?;)

#3 ·
ngk irridiums(auto zone). $6.50 each with lifetime warranty. they come pre-gapped and are very popular among subarus. takes an hour to do by yourself. dont pay $200 for it, thats a joke. get on scoobymods.com and in the search bar type in spark plug install. that should help and save u a lot of $. have fun and good luck

#5 ·
I just put in some NGK Iridiums today, I was trying to figure out if my old plugs were causing misfires. It seems they were working fine.

Either way, the install is pretty easy. Can be a little frustrating because of the location. As long as you have a few swivel head attachments for a ratchet, you should be able to do it. My first time, took my 1.5 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.