Subaru WRX Forum banner

should I get a BOV and if so what kind

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  conejo 
#1 ·
I am looking to a BOV and I see a bunch of people on this site have had problems I really don't head aches if you no what I mean if you have any input please let me no .

#3 ·
I've heard of probs w/HKS.
Blitz none.
I would go APS or forge. Theyre the best sounding/most reliable in my opinon, and i have heard nothing but good about them.
Im ordering an APS in a couple days, probably. once i get my tax returns.
may try and work a deal w/a vendor..modified GB. email me or pm if interested.
Scott

#4 ·
I see a bunch of people on this site have had problems
That should be your answer right there. If there is a doubt, then don't do it. Waste of money if you ask me. You pay alot of money just to hear a stupid sound. If you like that sound so much just download it off the internet, burn it to a CD a plop it in your car.

#7 ·
my opinion is that maybe not all but certainly my stock BOV sucked, I have DP, UP, K&N, and my BOV leaked precious boost(we cant have that). I now have Blitz BOV and now it holds boost the way it should(builds much faster because it isn't leaking down)
However...I do experience slight stumble when I blow off at idle but no other time, i do believe with some sort of fuel management that this will go away

anyways, good luck with your decision

#12 ·
Well, I haven't dynoed it with the intake, but it is noticable. No, it's not like 20 or 30 hp or anything, but it does seem like the turbo spools faster, therefore making it accelerate a little faster. It may just be my imagination, but that's how it seems. Plus it sounds cool...

Actually, the reason I got it was I had a credit at an online shop, so I just figured I'd give it a try. Anyone that's looking for an intake, I would reccomend this one. It installed in about 30 minutes, and was really easy to do. I've been impressed with everything I've seen by Perrin. I have their uppipe and downpipe on order, but I have to wait until I can have my ECU remapped to install them.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#16 ·
aem intake

i have the older aem intake. it sounds great and the power increase is noticeable (though not 10-20 hp). only problem is that it's down in the front fender and gets dirty pretty quickly. but the air under the bonnet gets really hot, so i'll opt for cleaning the filter more often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.