Subaru WRX Forum banner

Is this safe to run on a 04wrx???

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  pb-king07 
#1 ·
Greddy RS blow off valve brand new in box never used also comes with recirculation kit $175 ...
is it a good deal? but is it safe to run?? and if so, its not to loud is it??
this is for a 04 wrx.

#3 ·
ya dude its a pretty good deal but make sure u recirc. thats how our turbos run,it will be louder if u dont recirc but youll notice more turbo lag.If u plan on doin more modds its a good idea,put it this way,it wont hurt anything.i have an 04 rex running stage2 cobb i have the a.p.s!Thumbs Up recirc

#7 ·
+1billion to that. I am running the Cobb SRI with heat box. I have had it for two days. People can hear it as I go by them. And I can hear it with all my windows down. Its kind of annoying to me already.

#8 ·
thankx guys.. helps a lot.. ill will be posting soon what i plant to do to the car. my goal is to make 300whp safely..
by the way.. if i put a stock 05 sti recirculation valve on my car. will i need a tune to be safe, or i can run it like that?? .... currently my car doesn't have a valve..i was stolen.. so....

#13 ·
ok guys listen up....

I don't have a 02wrx.. my sig name is red02rex, because i was supposed to get an 02 wrx then next day, but that guy screwed me over and sold it to another guy because he didn't want to wait till next day.
so this guy i no has a 04 wrx, which was stolen from him and now is a theft recovery car,(missing headlights, hood scope, and the by pass valve..and radio)

so i bought the car from him.. he did how ever start the car once with out noing that the bpv was missing, but noticed right away when he opened the hood, and turned the car off right away..(will that cause any problems???) He didn't drive it.. and i was thinking can i put an 05 sti bpv on there with out any problems..??

Another important thing.. until i get the sti bpv, can i start the car to drive it up a trailer and off the trailer when i will be transporting the car?? any problems?? plaese answer the questions in order.. thankx

and the 04 wrx need a something before we can put mods on right?? and were can i get one.???

#14 ·
I wouldnt run the car without a BPV at all, I'm really surprised that it even started if anything i think it would be running rich if it stays running. Another thing why are you so set on a 05 STI BPV when they are the same BPV as a WRX, just go to EBAY and buy a stock BPV for a WRX wait till it comes in the mail and bolt it on and go drive your car and have fun.

#15 ·
im just interested in it, because this guy that lives near me has one of his 05 sti and wants $40 or 30$ for the bpv, so i wa thinking of buying it and putting it on.. but i don't think it will be a problem if i start the car, drive it up a trailer, and start it again and drive it off the trailer?? will it be??. its not like im hitting boost, and its only for couple seconds.. not even a minute.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.