Subaru WRX Forum banner

safe boost

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  IBAUCLAPlaya 
#1 ·
i know this question has come up a 1,000,000 times but i just put a boost controller on my car and all i'm running right now is 15-15.5 psi, is that ok or will something blow. I have TBE, intake,TT, and boost gauge thats it nothing real special. oh yeah i have not got it tuned yet. (ran out of cash)

#7 ·
ok what the hell happened? I was on the highway in 5th gear at WOT, and my car kinda died for sec., and then the CEL came on. I installed a MBC and have my boost at 15psi and i think and hope that maybe my boost spiked, but any way i but the boost back to stock and the CEL went off after the engine was turned off and sat for like 20mins. What do you guys think happened and how can i make it not happened again?

#8 ·
02scobie21 said:
ok what the hell happened? I was on the highway in 5th gear at WOT, and my car kinda died for sec., and then the CEL came on. I installed a MBC and have my boost at 15psi and i think and hope that maybe my boost spiked, but any way i but the boost back to stock and the CEL went off after the engine was turned off and sat for like 20mins. What do you guys think happened and how can i make it not happened again?
Do you have any EM? Or just using the MBC with the ECU?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.