Subaru WRX Forum banner

It's Backkkk!!!!!!

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  basco 
#1 ·
To those of you that knew my cars been down since about mid Feb. early March with a blown motor...well it's backkk...last night we threw it down on the dyno with some race gas and a somewhat conservative tune and well the FP Green whoops the living balls out of the old VF34...almost 400awhp 345ft/lbs :D:D and 28 deg. of advance timing at only 23psi (it was a dynojet though) but on this dyno stock WRX's read about 160awhp and STi's are around 225awhp...in about another week were gonna try and push it up to 28psi...we just wanna see how the car handles the power...ohh and for those that are wondering this was done at Big Valley Performance in Orlando, FL...and the car was tuned by Gadiel of Gadiel Tuning (the same guy that tunes the fastest Evo X and the Fastest Manual STi)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
well I'm still stock tranny so I have to shift like a Grandma...but its incredible...especially in a station wagon lol...were thinking that when we go up to 28psi we might be somewhere around 450awhp...but it breaks traction in 1st and 2nd when boost hits :D

#5 ·
nah...no disaster here man...I'm not even pushing this motor...its built for 9K RPM...but the limiters at 7.5...its also a fully sleeved block...I just wanna see it hit 450 then run about 375 every day on pump

#6 ·
Matt getting to live the dream. Great looking map and some awesome numbers man. When do I get a ride? lol. Im already contemplating the Green, but I dont want to really ever run the high octane stuff. But congrats on getting the baby back.

#9 ·
Ohh I don't plan on runnin the Q16 all the time lol...we were just curious what it would do...were gonna keep it around 375 on straight pump and maybe 400 with pump and meth

#10 ·
Congrats! Those are incredible numbers... well worth 2 builds in a row...I hope :) I hope you broke it in before those charts up there, how many miles are on it? What break in method did you go with?

#11 ·
#13 ·
I was thinking of doing a hybrid when I thought my block was bad...I had everything lined up 257 w/ CP Pistons for $800 but then I found out the block was good...and I'd rather have the high revs than the torque

#15 ·
Thanks :D...next wednesday were gonna try and give it more timing and boost and see what she'll do...might even raise the rev limiter and see how long she'll hold the power for

#17 ·
well were thinking 28psi and 8250RPM...should have a peak of 450awhp were thinking...but man this makes me so anxious to go rotated...and it keeps making it harder and harder to have to drive the evo every day lol...its so slow compared to the suby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.