Revised Mod List - yes, again - What u think? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 Old 02-08-2008, 08:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
got mine for 19k, paying 410/month and its worth every penny.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 02-08-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
...and right about now comes the moment when he realizes he can't afford what he wants.
Not necessarily... Dude, i've been researching WRX's now for probably about 5-6months, i've been watching the prices on WRXs rise and fall, if i couldn't afford one then i wouldn't be so serious about getting one... Besides, i knew that the 05's were expensive, so i decided that i didn't want an 05, so i've decided on getting an 02 WRX, because that's what i can afford to get... They're only about $9k-$14k, which is the price range i can afford. The 05, yes that's out of my leauge, but it's not necessarily what i want (anymore). I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, i just don't like the reaction that everyone gives me, just because i'm 17 years old...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
post #33 of 55 Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

surfwalden is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to surfwalden
yea, but when you buy an older car like that your going to be spending some money in repairs, and these cars are not chaep to fix, so spend the extra money and get something newer like an 05, mine came with a 5 yr 50,000 powertrain warranty and 3yr 36,000 mile bumper to bumper. I'm not trying to sell you mine, but with the mods and the car, plus fixing the car your going to be at the 19,000 mark with no warranty. So why not get something newer. Not to sound like a dick, but you can't be a cheap person and own a suby. If you want to be cheap then buy a honda!!!!
post #34 of 55 Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Hey I know of an evo 8 for sale. 05 50k miles bet you could get it for about 18k

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #35 of 55 Old 02-08-2008, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
Hey I know of an evo 8 for sale. 05 50k miles bet you could get it for about 18k
I'm not really interested in the evo anymore, i used to love the evo, but then somehow i got switched to the WRX/STi

Plus, if i wanted an evo, my brother knows a guy that owns a Mitsubishi dealership, and he could hook it up with a brand new evo for like $24k...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
post #36 of 55 Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwalden View Post
yea, but when you buy an older car like that your going to be spending some money in repairs
Older car? Its frigen 2002, only 6 years old. My current car is now 22 years old and it only has 82k original miles, mechanically perfect...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
post #37 of 55 Old 02-09-2008, 02:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

surfwalden is an unknown
yea but most of these cars are driven hard, very rarely do you find one that hasn't been beat up. These cars are not your discount auto parts specials. When people buy these cars they get on them. How many grandpa's do you seen in a suby? Mark my words, your going to buy and old 1 and be on here posting every day about something else going wrong and wanting to know how to fix it. why don't you just buy a honda, there easy to work on and there cheap to fix. your going to dig yourself into a money trap.... I can see that just by your posts. But do as you please, just don't come cryin when you have problems. Plus at the age of 17, i personally don't think a 17 year old is responsible enough to have a sports car. I had a minivan when i was 17. I'm probably going to take some crap for making that coment, but that is how i feel!!!
post #38 of 55 Old 02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
when I was 17, I rocked a green 92 Ford Explorer... I still miss it sometimes

John
07 WRX
post #39 of 55 Old 02-09-2008, 08:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
i can safely say that mine wasn't beat up. Previous owner was a Subie collector and he bearly drove the damn thing. It's a 2005 with around 25,000 miles. I haven't had a prob yet....knock on wood.
post #40 of 55 Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Dang, 05 with those miles is awesome. Congrats on that find.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #41 of 55 Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

surfwalden is an unknown
that is what i'm telling him is to buy an 05 or newer, most still have the powertrain warranty on them. Mine is an 05 with 23000 miles on it. Save up and do it right, just don't settle for something older just to get into a suby otherwise it will cost you an arm and a leg
post #42 of 55 Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Dang, 05 with those miles is awesome. Congrats on that find.
I got my 05 in Aug with 21K on it. You just have to find these older guys who buy these things brand new and use them as their weekend driver. The only reason the guy I bought it from got rid of it was to get an STi, he was like forty something. That's how I'll be when I'm that age, I can see it now...

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #43 of 55 Old 02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

jerel is an unknown
I picked up my 04 2 years ago with only 13000 on the odo. Talk about a great car! I've been totally loving it, of course I drive the heck out of it, I've got almost 50k on it now, will have by the time the car is actually 2 years old to me.
post #44 of 55 Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBeast View Post
Besides, i knew that the 05's were expensive, so i decided that i didn't want an 05, so i've decided on getting an 02 WRX, because that's what i can afford to get... They're only about $9k-$14k, which is the price range i can afford. The 05, yes that's out of my leauge, but it's not necessarily what i want (anymore). I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, i just don't like the reaction that everyone gives me, just because i'm 17 years old...
First thing first: I had no idea how old you were and I don't think that matters. Don't put words in my mouth Now I'll proceed to talk about stuff because you're 17 just to be ironic.

I'm just saying that buying a 02 with high mileage and a questionable ownership history may not be how you want to enter the world of sports cars. Course, I damn well remember not listening to people like me when I!!! was 17 so I can't expect you to do more than when you read that.

Course, you can just tell us to shove it. We find meddling in your teenage life far more interesting than explaining why BOVs are bad. You asked for it though touting a beat up corolla all over the place Seriously, just because is shares some parts with a much nicer car that was made the same year on the other side of the world? Gah, I don't get it. I'm too old.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #45 of 55 Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
If i buy an 05 WRX instead of an 02, i will be putting myself in debt like $6k more than an 02... I really want an 05, but i highly doubt i can afford one. plus i wouldn't be able to mod it without breaking the warranty if its still got one, plus i wont have any money to mod it...

Yeah my corolla is beat up, it got rear-ended! haha, but the 84-87 corollas are totally sweet. You gotta respect that car, being able to spank a GT-R on the mountain roads only lightly-modded...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi