Revised Mod List - yes, again - What u think? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
make sure you do some serious research, from the looks of your "revised list" it seems you aren't too familiar with modding a WRX...personally i would get used to the car first, get the shifting down, learn how everything really operates...these tranny's aren't very forgiving....and forget the hks BOV...yeah it sounds cool but it sucks unless its re-circulated. By the looks of it, it looks like you are building an AutoX car with the fast spooling 16g and the suspension upgrades...is that what you want?

Tuned by ICS Performance 306/313
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

a.young is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
you should buy a wrx first. That's step 1 I would think.
+ 1 Just think of all the questions you will ask when you get one .!Laugh! J/K

stage 2 STi...and still not enough
#18 Old 02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBeast View Post
Hoping to find a nice 02 with at least less than 60kmiles !
good luck with that

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#19 Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

jerel is an unknown
Definitely need to buy a WRX first and see how it does you. I've had my car for almost 2 years and I'm just now getting to the point where I think it's time to upgrade it. For the most part, these cars are pretty fast and fun to drive even on stock rubber. But I need more power now. Why exactly is it taking you until June/July to get one of these? Saving money? Reason I ask is because if money is the issue, I'd think hard about putting the money into actually owning the car before modding the car. Cars can generally be a tad more work in upkeep once you start modding like you're talking about. Not trying to rag on anyone here or come off as a jerk, just a few things to think about.
#20 Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
well i give him credit for wanting to know the correct procedure for modifying these cars before he owns it and blows it up for just slapping a boost controller on and setting it to 30 psi. I say your on the right track as far as the parts you plan on using, but get used to the car first, i cannot stress it enough. Especially with an 02 which have the worst transmission out of the wrx line-up.

Tuned by ICS Performance 306/313
#21 Old 02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Not necessarily an AutoX car, but i would love for it to just handle really nicely whenever i want it to... Well, i need to wait for June/July, because that's when i graduate high-school, and then my parent's will buy me my car... Or rather, at least half of it. They most-likely wont buy me the whole thing, nor would i want them to, but w.e anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Night View Post
well i give him credit for wanting to know the correct procedure for modifying these cars before he owns it and blows it up. Especially with an 02 which have the worst transmission out of the wrx line-up.
That's the whole point. I'm trying to figure out what to do BEFORE i get the car, so i don't do what you said. Haha, i don't necesarily want to wait and try to figure out what to do when i GET the car, because then i will have been driving it for a while, and i might decide to do something stupid and ruin the car. I know so far from research that it's not necesarily a good thing to launch the car at high rpm's, and that the tranny's are very weak, as you said. But i have also read that many people upgrade the gears in the tranny to support the new-found power. I guess i still need to research about doing that more, the only thing i know about that is that a lot of people go with the STi gears... But if i have learned anything about taking care of a WRX, it's to get rid of that eager feeling to rev it up to 6k and drop the clutch

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#22 Old 02-06-2008, 04:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller_v24 View Post
good luck with that
it's not THAT hard... i just checked out craigslist and found 3or4 WRXs with around 50-60k miles... But then again, i also find a buttload of them with 80k, 140k which is ridiculous...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#23 Old 02-06-2008, 05:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

surfwalden is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to surfwalden
i'll sell you mine, its an 05 with 23000 miles, and all the stage 2 bolt ons. all you need is the cobb. It is my weekend car to go to the beach with. you can have it for $19,500. It is a red wagon which is very rare. I had to order it from subaru to get this color. You don't see this car everyday. Also the car has never seen the track or been beaten up. It has a greddy evo to exaust, hks up and downpipe, greddy recirculating bov, blitz fat boy II turbo timer and k&n drop in. I still have all of the factory parts. Also a a.e.m cold air intake in the box you can have, but i wouldn't put it in. I got it for 80.00 so i bought it for the future.
#24 Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
...and right about now comes the moment when he realizes he can't afford what he wants.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#25 Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
That is a pretty good deal from Surfwalden, but mosc is probably right. Cars are really expensive, and there are a lot of costs you overlook before you actually upgrade to a high performance car.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#26 Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

surfwalden is an unknown
i love my suby and really don't want to sell it, but i pay 500.00 a month for it, and i use it on the weekends. It is kinda getting old making that payment every month. THank god i only have 2 yrs let on the payments
#27 Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
6 more payments and it's all mine then, well then I will just save up for a few months and buy well something cool for my wife cause she let's me buy stuff for my car all the time. don't tell her though.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#28 Old 02-07-2008, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
bro 423$ a month and 2 years left.... but its all worth it!! its a scooby !!! hell yea!!
#29 Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

LeohMit is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
...and right about now comes the moment when he realizes he can't afford what he wants.
...With a drum roll!!!!
#30 Old 02-08-2008, 06:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

surfwalden is an unknown
i didn't put any money down, and there was no room to bargin because i had to order the car in that color. But 24,900 out the door wasn't a bad price