Subaru WRX Forum banner

Replacing up pipe, searching for "fooler"

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
The comb finally went bad in my stock up pipe and I have had a check engine light for the past 6 months. I know I run the risk of ruining my turbo driving like this but money doesn't grow on trees. However, I am looking to replace it with either a Perrin or Invidia up pipe but haven't been able to find the "fooler" yet. Does anyone know where I can find one so I can get this car to pass inspection?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah that's great and all and I am pretty sure that I acknowledged that in the OP, but it didn't. I have a spare turbo and motor anyway. My question is how do I rig it to not get CEL.

Mosc, thanks for an actual helpful post. What do I do once I have the resistor?

pzr2874, That was a very helpful post and I will be ecstatic to inform you that the search function is likely working properly. However, I am a sinner in the form of sloth.

#4 ·
This is a good question... Right around that area is:

1-What BOV and how many shims
2-I want an intake and I don't want to buy EM
3-I need help, I have 56 CEL's... what do I do?

Is the search function broke?

#9 ·
Why not just reset the ECU before you go to get the inspection? Most places just do visual?
Being that your looking for a uppipe you might want price a used turbo also.

I don't really care for sloth's they only have 3 toes, I have 10. :D

#12 ·
Thanks for the idea. I actually found an "old friend" that inspected it for me on Friday. My CEL wasn't on when I started it up Friday morning but just popped up on the way over to the shop.;)

I have a spare turbo from my old motor I blew, so I think I am good. This is my first actual mod, and I have always wanted to but never had the money or balls to do it. The perfectionist in me just wants to leave no loose ends. I'm going either Perrin or Invidia.

#15 ·
Just as long as its not the same thing being brought up 5,000 times. Thats where its like beating a dead horse. Some of us get testy at times...just try not to take it personal.

#22 ·
Sure!Thumbs Up, at least I had the common sense to swap out my up pipe before I ruined expensive parts. But what do I know, I drive a bug eye. Stupid me:hurl:

Oh, and thanks Brad;)

#20 ·
I appreciate Randy's contributions to the forums, and I don't think any one person's car is more elite to another. We're all enthusiasts and there's no reason to take jabs at people on here. That's not what WRXTuners is for. Heck, we welcomed the guy with the Mazda for a long time in between his different Subarus. Congrats on getting back to the camp, pzr2874...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.