recommended spark plugs - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

scoobyrooftw is an unknown
recommended spark plugs

i have an 03 wrx with a TBE and soon im gonna get a catless uppipe and spark plugs. my question is which spark plugs? ive heard ppl say to get one step colder than stock but im not sure what the means. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-13-2009, 12:40 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
#3 Old 06-13-2009, 02:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'd probably steer you away from Pulstar plugs. I bought a set and installed them at 30,000 miles on my 07 WRX which has a tbe and Cobb AP Stage 2 map. Pulstar claims you'll get more hp and better gas mileage using their plugs, but honestly, I didn't notice enough of a difference to justfiy their ourtageously high price. I think I'll probably go with NGK or another similar brand the next time around. Just make sure you pay close attention when you gap them.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#4 Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Strider327 is on thin ice
You should go with the stock range in form of NGK or Denso. If your doing an upgrade that's when I would recommend a step colder plug.
#5 Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I thought I read somewhere that you should go one step colder for every 100 (+/-) horsepower you mod above stock. So, abiding by that theory, a Dodge Viper with 2,000 horsepower should use spark plugs that are 15 steps colder. Hahahaha... but in all seriousness, you're fine sticking with stock range plugs. One step colder plugs are basically mod-list bling for most of us.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#6 Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Stock heat range NGK Iridiums gets my vote.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#7 Old 06-17-2009, 12:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm changing my plugs and going to Stage 2 in a few weeks. The shop owner said that the Stock Subaru plugs are just fine. He runs them in his 400+HP STI.