Subaru WRX Forum banner

really really bad mpg

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  WRXKidid775 
#1 ·
ok so yesterday i went to see nickelback with my girl and i filled up before we went. well it was about a 100 mile round trip and i wasted 1/2 a tank. ive been getting bad mpg since ive had it witch has been a year now even when stock. ok well for mods ive got a megan UP, and megan TBE, injen CAI, NGK one step colder plugs, and a XPT stg2 map tuned for the intake. anyways what should the one step colder plugs be gapped at? i was told .032 so thats what i did for them. also last night when we got out of the show my batt was dead and i could not start the car. there was nothing left on at all i checked for that, and after getting a jump when idling the car would dip below 10 volts with the A/C on. but now today its not doing that, so what would that be also? sorry for sounding like such a nub but im lost with this stuff now so any ideas would be cool.

#4 ·
well the thing is before the plugs i put in it was the same way. also im thinking the voltage drop is from the A/C compresser. today i was tring to get it to drop the voltage like before and it did it, only this time it jumped back to normal and the a/c was gone, the compresser just shut off for like 3 mins. so im thinking the compresser is putting a lot of stress on the motor also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.