Subaru WRX Forum banner

Really need the advice...exhaust

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Sky 
#1 ·
I know everyone is asking about what exhaust... but here's another.... certifiedmufflerdotcom... offering turboback exhaust 3' plus 2'uppipe for $995... that's best price i've seen around.... have bad feeling there's a catch... tough fit/poor performance/crappy quality... any experiences/thoughts??? I'm about tempted to order, for the $$$, seems like good deal... Too good to be true??? anyone?

#2 ·
you can get a better price... You can get a cat-back exhaust for 450 to 600 3" piping depending on brand(like blitz, apexi, hks, greddy) and you can get an HKS 3" downpipe (with mid pipe) for around 170 and a HKS 2" uppipe for like 160 so that is like 800-930 for the whole set up from good (reliable) companies.

#5 ·
Re: How about TURBOXS?

REXronald said:
What do ya think about the TurboXS turbo-back w/tapered 4' pipe. they claim 26hp gain at the wheels and show dyno results... total system is around $950 shipped... no uppipe w/that though.
Turboxs builds good stuff and its WRX specific. The only down side w/ Turboxs is you can't mix and match parts like some of the 2.5" systems. I'm running the ScoobySport turboback mainly because of their torque curve. They have one of the best designed downpipes for the WRX, bellmouth design, w/ a couple of tapers down to 2.5"- this definitely contributes to the wonderful torque curve. The other thing I liked about SS was the fact that you can purchase any pieces and they will exactly replace the correxponding oe piece. This accomplishes a couple of things - allows you to purcahse in stages, also lets you retain oe pieces if wanted (I retained my oe 3 rd cat for SCCA classification).

I'd be real careful spending any money on an outfit that isn't putting a lot of R&D inot their exhaust specifically for our application.

My .02

Big Sky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.