Subaru WRX Forum banner

premix

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
hello a lot of my friends do a premix with there cars and i was wondering if anyone here was and if so what they were using and what ratio

#4 ·
That sounds like a horrible idea. I don't think you should ever add oil to your gas tank. Subaru WRX/STis run bad enough when people (for whatever reason) put regular 87 octane in the tank. Stick with premium unleaded and call it a day.

The mix you might be referring to could be some kind of mixture of race gas and premium unleaded - some cars might be able to get away with running slightly higher octane gas, but Subarus are picky and must be specifically tuned for such things.

#7 ·
just remember, "points" on those cans are most of teh time TENTHS of octane. "5 points!" means .5 octane.

Of course, most of em are even over spec'd at that. Also they're not always clean burning. Also, they don't do shit anyway unless your car is tuned to use the higher effective octane.

If you put in 14 gallons of 92 and want 93 out of, say, a 12 oz can? The shit in there better be 242 octane. That's 1 octane boost. Most of the shit in the cans ain't 242 octane, I assure you. If you want regular gas to be like race gas from a can (say 14 gallons of 93 into 100 octane from a 12oz can), it'd have to be an eye poppingly ridiculous 1146 octane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.