Pointless? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 10-10-2004, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quege is an unknown
Pointless?

I just scooped up a white 04 wrx impreza yesterday...i put like 100 miles on it already. I was just wondering if it would be extremely stupid for me to get my blow off valve so soon...considering i have to shift before 3,000 rpms....so would it even be worth it?

also, im having a hard time tryin to pick between my top 3 BOV's: Tial, TurboXS RFL, Greddy Type-S ... so many decisions !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 10-10-2004, 03:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

rokstar is an unknown
Stock or not

A BOV isn't all that bad of a mod, but if you car is completly stock, I could think of a few mods that would be better for your car and performance than a BOV which mainly betters the sound of you car. But like I said it depends on you car being stock or not.

Rokstar
post #3 of 27 Old 10-10-2004, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quege is an unknown
ya i was also going to order a few other things with the BOV, i was also going to order turbo timer, dp, up, hks cat back
post #4 of 27 Old 10-10-2004, 08:11 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Top three BOV's IMO: WORX Tuning, HKS SSQV, and I dunno what else

The RFL isn't too hot of a piece. I say spend the two hundred dollars or so you have for your BOV and get an uppipe. Best mod IMO.
post #5 of 27 Old 10-11-2004, 11:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

silverex21 is an unknown
best BOV is the Stealth FX from GFB, you can change from full blow off to complete recirculation with the twist of a nob, and ive never had a problem with mine, pretty loud too
post #6 of 27 Old 10-12-2004, 12:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBAUCLAPlaya
Top three BOV's IMO: WORX Tuning, HKS SSQV, and I dunno what else
the HKS for sure.

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
post #7 of 27 Old 10-12-2004, 05:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

kylo19 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to kylo19
No theres not really a point of gettin one now. get a turbo timer and pocket $130. The hks is good for 30 psi and is hands down the best head turner. The problem is that u might get tired of the whistle sound ( I know i am already). Bov is a really fun mod imo, really easy to install also.

just my.02
post #8 of 27 Old 10-12-2004, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quege is an unknown
i ordered the hks turbo timer type-1, and ive decided to go with the HKS SS when I get my 2,000 mile break in period over with hehe...thx for the help
post #9 of 27 Old 10-12-2004, 10:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Well, a BOV won't do anything for you performance-wise. If you want the sound, go for it. I personally would spend the money elsewhere however...
post #10 of 27 Old 10-12-2004, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bullit is an unknown
I changed my intake and the blow off valve got alot louder. So maybe you might want to do that. But buy a performance mod first. Up your mid range power first.
post #11 of 27 Old 10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
As Cosmo said,they are a waste of money.You should just buy one of those things on e-bay that just make the noise!It will waste your money and gas,plus make your car slower.I love just watching the big puff of black unburnt fuel rolling out of some dudes exhaust as he shifts and his blow off is squeeling and he is smiling because he thinks he is going faster.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #12 of 27 Old 10-13-2004, 01:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Does anyone know if you can hear the blow off valve outside of the car when you remove the intake silencer? I just removed it last Fri and now I can really hear it inside the car, but I don't know if i can be heared outside?
post #13 of 27 Old 10-13-2004, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

Bullit is an unknown
It's not the loudest blow off, but it will turn some heads.
post #14 of 27 Old 10-13-2004, 09:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
As Cosmo said,they are a waste of money.You should just buy one of those things on e-bay that just make the noise!It will waste your money and gas,plus make your car slower.I love just watching the big puff of black unburnt fuel rolling out of some dudes exhaust as he shifts and his blow off is squeeling and he is smiling because he thinks he is going faster.
I have never seen any proof that they will waste your gas or make your car slower, but they won't make it any faster.
post #15 of 27 Old 10-13-2004, 10:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

rokstar is an unknown
If you take out your intake silencer, you'll hear your turbo spool up louder, but I never heard the stock BOV until I took out my intake and replaced it with a ram air intake. Now I can really hear the stock BOV from inside AND outside the car.

Rokstar