Subaru WRX Forum banner

Please vote and put in any input THANKS!

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  03bugeyeDude 
#1 ·
I want to get a full exhaust up grade and im just wondering what i should buy. Should i go full COBB or go Invidia. dont worrie about money just vote on what you like best sound and preformace wise. Thanks agin guys. Oh its for a 2004 wrx wagon. 2.0l :rocks:

#5 ·
ah, I think a borla hush would be a good buy if u want to put the down pipe on. I think it is a 3" and doesnt require an adapter. althogh u could get the cobb and use an ots map with a cobb ap. not sure about the up pipe tho, i would check with cobb. I have a borla cat back 14978 and it growls! http://asdfadsfdfs.shutterfly.com/pictures/8 shouldnt be too different from the hush, but the 14978 isnt really made for attaching a downpipe, allthough u can buy an adapter

#8 ·
My view is that the best design is a collection of parts intended to work together. If Invidia has a kit like COBB's, developed to work together, it would be just as good.

Stick with one kit, follow their instructions and you'll get the best results. This is more important than any slight design difference from one kit to the next.

I am assuming that both kits are targetting similar performance improvements over stock, with these comments.

#15 ·
I don't like either cat back. The Invidia catback is particularly... stereotypical sounding. I would use either downpipe (both come with a cat if you want too which is a plus) but I would get a different mufler that sounded a little better. I also prefer twin tip exhausts, cops pay much less attention to them.

#17 ·
screw cobb or invidia, get a perrin or if you can find one get a used Helix or BPM twister those were the two exhausts I loved the most on my car back when I ran an off the shelf setup

#18 ·
the perrin twin tip is loud but it's twin tip and it has a really deep and satisfying sound to it.

I use the much quieter borla hush (which is a twin tip, 2.5" exhaust). And no, it's not a restriction on my car even at 280whp out of the 2.5L so it won't be on yours either.

#19 ·
The Cobb exhaust sounds great and doesnt look like a big fart can on the back of your car so cops are less likely to look for you when they hear a loud car. Also its real stainless steel. I use a Invidia up-pipe on my car and loved the quality. I agree on checking on youtube, theyre both great companys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.