Please Read, Need Ideas!
Ok, ive been experiencing some boost issues. Iv'e been working with my mechanic to figure it out, a friend from another forum seems to think that putting this out there might spark some ideas from some of you.
So, the problem is this, no matter what gear im in, i can only build to about 7-8 PSI.
1) we checked everything for exhaust leaks, and there are none.
2) we checked everything for a boost leak. Found a tear in the inlet pipe, I have a new one on the way, but in the mean time we sealed the tear with super glue, and I have subsequently checked it for leaks, I had my fiancee rev the motor up while I sprayed some carb cleaner on the 'repaired area' and got no response from the motor, and none got sucked in. we had initially thought that this was causing it to run leaner and pulling timing, but as stated, i believe that that can be eliminated for now.
3) we checked the wastegate actuator, and it moves freely, no snags, it does not get caught up anywhere on its range of travel, and moves smoothly.
4) I cleaned and checked the boost solonoid (stock) connect the green test connectors under the dash, and it opens (not fully, but enough to let air through)
when 12V is applied to the solonoid, it opens FULLY. Just for ****s and grins, we swapped it out for a different one any way, still no change.
5) There are no CEL's, other than the catalyst efficiency, and a ECU reset does nothing to remedy the problem.
6) I removed the hose from the turbo to the wastegate, and carefully to it for a ride, and it boost fully, easilly would have gone past 20 PSI, but wasnt feeling saucy.
7) none of the boost hoses have been altered in any way, since i lost boost, so any restrictors are still in the lines, where they should be.
So, the only thing I can draw from this is that the computer is for some reason limiting the boost, we will be hopefully data logging it in the next week, but im kind of out of ideas at this point, any one ever experience anything like this? any ideas would be helpfull, thank you in advance........