PLEASE HELP! Buschur exhaust - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-01-2005, 12:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
does anyone know if gaskets would help out my problem? What kind should i get and from where?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Looks like you have one of two options...

First, try some shorter bolts. It looks like the bell on the downpipe will fit inside the cat-back.

If it won't, You can get an exhaust shop to flare a flange for you to fit the stock downpipe.

Or you can buy an aftermarket downpipe and be done with it.
#18 Old 07-01-2005, 01:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
whats the black stuff between the pipes? level with the bolt spacers.
#19 Old 07-01-2005, 02:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
yea your problem wasn't the same as mine, gaskets probably won't help much here.

like cosmo said try to get that midpipe INTO the catback and sealer her up, if it won't fit i would just buy a DP
#20 Old 07-01-2005, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
its only metal. if it dosent fit, get a bigger hammer.
#21 Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
well i was going to use the springs to make them tighter... you think that will work? I was also thinking about going to a muffler shop to get a donut gasket. There isnt one on there now. Do you think that will do the job also? And that black stuff is from my downpipe/midpipe. It seems like i need a donut gasket in there.

oh and to answer what you were saying before. The catback will not fit into the flange, thats as far in as it is going to go. The hole in the catback is against the hole in the downpipe and since it is not very tight, it is causing the leak. Now how do i fix that?
#22 Old 07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

to be honest, i would waite for someone like cosmo to come back. that fool knows his shit. i havent had a chance to do my DP yet, so i duno what im looking at when i see your pics. thats why im asking stupid q's like, what the black junk.

all i know for sure, is doing shit UNDER the car, is 876123908712387 times harder then not doing it under the car. i would pull the dp and the mid pipe and fiddle with it on a bench.

and do what ever cosmo says
#23 Old 07-01-2005, 04:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
If it were my car, I'd take my stock downpipe off, grind off the bell portion, and make it seal up to the new catback. You should probably get new bolts too. The stock ones are ridiculously large, and won't fit through the holes on most catbacks I've seen.

Another alternative is to go to an exhaust shop and have them cut about 6" off the catback and weld on a new portion to fit with the stock downpipe. Of course, doing that will mean you'd have to redo it if you ever went to an aftermarket downpipe...
#24 Old 07-01-2005, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
i got new bolts and put the spring in there, but there is still a little bit of a leak. I can see the water dripping from between downpipe and cat back. I can also hear the air coming out a bit, so there is definitely still a leak. I dont have a donut gasket in there and was thinking about going to somewhere like meineke and having them cut out a donut gasket for me. Do you think that would make a difference?

I dont think i am going to go with the downpipe cus i dont have the money to pay for the install and i dont know anyone who knows how to do it. I also dont want to do any cutting especially since i plan on selling the car in a couple year or two. I just want to get rid of this leak. Thanks Cosmo for the help... definitely appreciated
#25 Old 07-01-2005, 07:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

i could be wrong but, im perty sure DP's are a bolt on replacement, and do not require cutting. just a rachet and some sockets will ###### be ok.
#26 Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
it is bolted on and its as tight as it can be...theres just still a leak. are more pics needed? The only difference now from the pics before is that there are springs and it is tight...just some how not completely air tight
#27 Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

you can feel air moving out of the seel?

duct tape

you know what they say, if you cant duck it, FU&% it
#28 Old 07-01-2005, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
i can feel and and hear it. You arent serious about the duct tape are you?

Oh also im hearing a scraping noise...its probably the heat shield...what should i do about that?
#29 Old 07-02-2005, 11:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

err.....no im not serious about the duct tape....
#30 Old 07-02-2005, 11:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
i think ive been wasting everyones time...the piece i got isnt meant for my car. I was ripped of. I went to a performance place and they said that the exhaust i have cant ever fit. Great f'ing news for me