Subaru WRX Forum banner

Perrin Front Mount

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  oldfartracer 
#1 ·
Hey Everybody, I have an 04 WRX Sedan with an 18g Turbo, SPT Intake, STI Top Mount set-up and am ordering a Perrin Front Mount soon. It has been pro-tuned already for this particular set-up...what I was wondering, when I put my Front Mount on will I need to get it tuned again immediately or can I wait a bit in order to save some cash ???
Any help please is appreciated.
Thanks

#2 ·
Just save up until you have the money for the tune. You dont have to install the part right away. I have a fuel pump and IC, waiting for my turbo and injectors to get in before I go through with it all.

#6 ·
Not trying to flame on your buy but I've heard from numerous wrx owners with fmic's that wish they had stuck with their tmic's. They all say that with the smaller 2.0L engines there is a lot more turbo lag produced. Even with larger turbo's then stock. But I would wait for a tune before you install your FMIC and good luck with everything.

#7 ·
You need to keep the pipe size in mind. I run custom pipes on mind, 2" charge side and 2.5" on the cool side. With this piping and my tune I have been able to keep the lag time down.
Why do you need a FMIC? I went FMIC because I was heat soaking bad on long track days.
The FMIC, if needed, is a good thing. If you don't needed it and just want the looks it's a waste of money, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.