LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-14-2003, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Sleeper 9 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Sleeper 9
Performance Questions

Alright, some basic "which will produce more hp" questions:

-Would it be beneficial to use a full turbo-back exhaust system, or
Perrin Racing Up pipe, down pipe, and hks carbon exhaust...?

-Does anyone have any experience with the XS engineering "500hp" turbo? if not, are they practical (cost/performance, breakage)....are there better turbos....?

-What would be the best situations for an sti rally wing vs. an aluminum drag or race wing?

-will a tmic or a fmic perform better for DRAGGING?

-Which turbo control/boost system seems to be the most popular?

-would it be cheaper to ... buy a WRX, upgrade the turbo and IC...carbon fiber hood, new scoop....
or just get a 2.5L impreza for $5000 less and put in a turbo, IC, and carbon fiber hood with huge scoop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-14-2003, 03:54 PM

Gerlando is an unknown
It sounds like you are planning on biting off more then you can chew. Your questions cannot be fully answered in one thread, I'd suggest you hit multiple WRX boards and do A LOT of reading first. It sounds like you want a lot of horsepower but you're not going to get it (safely and reliably) from any of the routes you've suggested.

-Gerlando.
<a href=http://www.script-install.com>Script-Install.com</a> | <a href=http://www.enjoychuck.com>EnjoyChuck</a>
post #3 of 8 Old 03-15-2003, 03:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

moldyhands is an unknown
sleeper 9,
i'd suggest the following: XS engineering 500hp turbo, put a 1.5 inch exhaust on the car and cover the intake with thick plastic sheeting. then put the car in neutral and floor the gas until something explodes.

make some friends that know about cars and start SLOWLY! everytime you put ONE performance piece on your car it's like you're driving a whole new car again. learn about the car and research and make informed decisions. you'll have a lot more fun than owning the fastest WRX in the US that can't run.

Speed limits don't apply to AWD.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Suspended

conejo is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to conejo
anyone recomends the hks header?
its more than 1k
post #5 of 8 Old 03-16-2003, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Sleeper 9 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Sleeper 9
Hey guys, thanks for the help...BUT...I'm going to hold out for the new STi, as it's got pretty much everything that i was looking to do to a wrx....both aesthetically and internally...and maybe i'll make some gradual mods and work it up to around 350 or so.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-16-2003, 03:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Outrider is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by moldyhands
sleeper 9,
i'd suggest the following: XS engineering 500hp turbo, put a 1.5 inch exhaust on the car and cover the intake with thick plastic sheeting. then put the car in neutral and floor the gas until something explodes.
Moldyhands:
Hey man what's your problem? This is a FORUM where people come to learn about stuff they don't know anything about. You aren't helping anybody, moreover you're not contributing to this site or its members. Try being cool and you might find your opinions actually getting some respect. Right now you're just as bad as Jamie O calling people jackasses in an attempt to make friends. Just chill huh?
post #7 of 8 Old 03-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Suspended

conejo is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to conejo
STEEPER SHOULD SAY SORRY!
post #8 of 8 Old 03-18-2003, 11:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

moldyhands is an unknown
outrider,
why don't you quote the second part of my message where i DID offer some real advice? it's called a JOKE. some people can take them, while some people get all offended and start crying like a little girl every time someone takes a crack at them. and SOME PEOPLE try to stand up courageously and fight for the little man... but just end up looking like a chump.
the guy doesn't even own a rex and has a LOT of questions and significant ambitions for the car. he needs to slow down and learn about modding the right way. you see? levity... real advice. chillax man!

Speed limits don't apply to AWD.