Subaru WRX Forum banner

performance mods question

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mattr762 
#1 ·
hi im almost ready to get my new 2003 wrx ,my dealer says that they can install all sords of performance prod on the car and they have decent prices on that too so here it goes my question ?thinking of buying the car with turbo xs computer ,turbo back exaust complete (up e down and cat back) from turbo x ,oz super leggera rims 17,and HeR springs all installed from the very first day,is this a good set up is it worth the money ,wich part on the set up you dont recomend,what times would ill be doing on the track with this set up? Help

#2 ·
The biggest thing holding you back is really just gonna be the turbo itself...The T-25 is just too small to make good Hp.
I beleive its possible to get high 13's with the stock turbo , but I wouldn't expect much more............
Otherwise ....sounds like a good start. Does anybody know the benefits of the Turbo-XS ECU??? The stock ECU is already quite good , but as with all stock ECU's , its probably very warranty conservative.

#3 ·
I would keep the stock ECU and just have TurboXS just re-flash it (good for about 30HP). It's better (they have more control) and it's cheaper.

The stock Turbo is capable of getting your car down the 1/4 in very, very low 13's. TurboXS Stage 3 even claim you can touch very high 12's with the stock turbo and a larger intercooler. See numbers here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.