Packages/All in one kits - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-22-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Seabeetuner is an unknown
Packages/All in one kits

Greetings all. I have a question about packages or all in one kits as i call them. I was checking out a few sites to do some shopping for my 05'WRX and ran into a site that sold package deals. I thought it to be cool, but of all the threads i've read here i didn't see any talk of these kits. Why is that? To costly at first? Not trust worthy? Heres an example;

(TurboXS UTEC Computer, IHI VF30 Turbocharger, TurboXS SS Turbo Back Exhaust, TurboXS Catless Uppipe, Larger 520cc Fuel Injectors, Larger 255 ltr Fuel Pump) for $3950

Yea, you can find these parts cheaper if you looked but is this a good combo? The ad proclaims: 273.8 whp @ 6047 rpm @ 17.0 psi / 250.1 ft/ibs @ 4802 rpm @ 17.3 psi.
So is this a okay setup? Fill me in and enlighten me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bullit is an unknown
Doesn't sound too bad. Sounds like one of Turbo XS' stage packages. Did you try GruppeS.com. They have some nice kits.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-22-2005, 02:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
I've never seen 520cc injectors. That sounds kind of small to me. With my VF34 I can max out my STi injectors which are 565cc.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-22-2005, 05:14 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Don't forget though Cosmo, not many people can push 22 or what ever psi you are running on your VF34
post #5 of 7 Old 03-22-2005, 07:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

nsk8tr7 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to nsk8tr7
I was wondering what the highest psi you can set with a stock turbo. Because i had a manual boost controller and i just got my car dyno and it read 18 psi the mechanic said i was crazy for setting it that high and he said i should lower it to 14. I got a full APS turbo back exhaust, APS Cold air intake, Perrin TMIC
post #6 of 7 Old 03-23-2005, 07:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

Bullit is an unknown
Yeah, you really don't want to have your stock turbo that high. If you want to mess with more boost on the stock turbo, get an up-pipe. It will take your boost up 1lb, that's about as far as you want to go with that turbo. And MBC tend to mess things up with this car so be careful.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-23-2005, 12:24 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Uppipe replacement has nothing to do with boost pressure. A bellmouth or divorced wastegate downpipe however raises boost by 1-1.5 psi. The stock turbo loses efficency at anything above 17 psi, and that 17 psi is with added fuel and adjusted timing.