Subaru WRX Forum banner

Order of mods?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dlh1999 
#1 ·
I know this has been covered, but I couldn't quite get the answer I'm looking for by searching. Is there any harm doing just uppipe now, a cat-back exhaust in a few weeks, and then a downpipe in a month or so? I can't imagine anything would be a problem with that, but would this impact back pressure, etc?

#8 ·
Simply put, it's just not needed. The stock unit is just fine for the amount of boost you'll be getting from the stock turbo. Now if you're upgrading the turbo/IC set up and increasing boost levels signifcantly, then you'll want to consider one, but until then it's pretty much just buying one just to have it on your car. The only other reason that you might need one is if your stock unit is taking a crap on you.

I bought mine simply for the sound, I'm a ricer like that. ;)

#9 ·
Aircurry9 said:
I have my exhaust on the way with a bov some time later but why would you not want to get one as a first mod? is it bad for the car or just not a good fist mod because if has no preformance gain?

.greg.

This is exactly why:

9d2TSi said:
Simply put, it's just not needed. The stock unit is just fine for the amount of boost you'll be getting from the stock turbo. Now if you're upgrading the turbo/IC set up and increasing boost levels signifcantly, then you'll want to consider one, but until then it's pretty much just buying one just to have it on your car. The only other reason that you might need one is if your stock unit is taking a crap on you.

I bought mine simply for the sound, I'm a ricer like that. ;)

There's other things I'd rather spend my money on at this point in time...

#10 ·
04WRXn00b said:
Your in corvallis, there are tons of suby guys around there. I don't happen to know any of them though. I am just south of you in Eugene.

You're definitely correct...there are a lot of us up here. I don't know too many other people who drop money into modding and tuning their cars, and I don't know anyone else with a WRX. Do you know many Suby owners down in the Eugene area? I actually bought my car down there at Kendall...they gave me a pretty good deal. If you're around there, you'll probably see my '98 Eclipse that I traded in...I think one of their mechanics or detailers bought it. Anyway, if you're up this way definitely let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.