Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-On Tech (EJ205 2.0L '02-05 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   Old style Perrin Fuel Rails (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f52/old-style-perrin-fuel-rails-22537/)

suddenthomas 03-08-2008 02:25 PM

Old style Perrin Fuel Rails

Just curious if anyone knows if I can upgrade to the new style fuel lines from Perrin with the old style rails. I have the older style with the steel braided lines and they are starting to leak next to their clamps. I don't know how many of you have experience with trying to stop leaking braided lines but its not easy. So I would just assume get rid of the old lines. Any other ideas might be helpful let me know!

nagyhead 03-08-2008 03:24 PM

did you try to convert them to an A&N fittings?

suddenthomas 03-08-2008 08:13 PM

A@N fittings are which style again I have tried so many different suggestions from the hose comapany here in Bellingham!

nagyhead 03-08-2008 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
these ones... the top row of them is the ones you'll need. and probally the ones that thread into the fuel rail

dumdum 03-09-2008 08:16 AM

Will Perrin sell you just the lines?Have you tried contacting them?They would have been the first person I would have called/emailed.They might just give a new set if you explain your situation.They are pretty good guys.

nagyhead 03-09-2008 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
these are the style of clamp i have always seen on the fuel lines, is that the type of clamp you have? because you have to clamp the hell out of them and if you can twist the fuel line , the clamps are not tight enough. I have a bunch of those and and the tool to crimp them, if you make a trip down to Seattle pm me and I'll meet up with you and try to put new clamps on the lines.

suddenthomas 03-09-2008 05:01 PM

I have been trying to contact Perrin and no call backs yet but I am going to keep trying. The clamps that are on the lines are like those but you have to clamp them on two sides instead of one. I am hoping Perrin might just hook me up even if I have to pay a little its better then having this ticking time bomb.

dumdum 03-09-2008 05:10 PM

They also have an ongoing thread on NASIOC in the 2.0 section.Post something there as well.They might respond quicker when your advertising problems with their product and thats what that thread is for to some degree.

suddenthomas 03-09-2008 05:40 PM

Thanks alot dumdum!

suddenthomas 03-11-2008 07:34 PM

So just an update on my situation Nagy and Dumdum. I got a hold of Perrin today and they said that they couldn't give me new style lines. Due to the fact that the style I have are only 5/16 fuel lines and the new ones are 3/8. But if I wanted to for a 100 bucks I could take them off and send them to them to be retrofitted to fit the 3/8 lines. I decided instead with plan B and that is to get 10ft of 5/16 injector grade fuel line and make my own. The guys at Perrin where awesome great customer service. Thanks for all your suggestions and hopefully will have my frankenrex back on the road this weekend.

nagyhead 03-11-2008 09:42 PM

That was going to be my next suggestion, but diidnt because i thought you wanted the look of the braided SS lines

suddenthomas 03-11-2008 10:52 PM

No I dont' really care how things look as long as they function. Thats why my car is named the frankenrex. All kinds of makes and models of stuff that I have put together that seem to work well except the fuel lines lol.