Oil supply screen for turbo????? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-25-2009, 03:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Deshi is an unknown
Oil supply screen for turbo?????

I am reading up on turbos and came accross this little article and was just curious if our cars, i.e. 2002-2003 WRX's, have this screen?
Turbo Oil Starvation and Subaru Vehicles## 11
I am dealing with a possible oil starved turbo right now and was wondering if this could be the reason? The acticle says 2.5l motors but I am just curious if we have one as well.
Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited by Deshi; 01-25-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
I believe we do, I am not 100% certain, when I ordered my turbo I was asking them various questions. I heard about how you need to remove the oil screen when putting the new turbo in so I asked him about that (I mentioned my car year 2003) and he said that I would need to take the oil screen out. How ever a friend of mine, he has a 2003 as well, replaced his turbo and there was no oil screen there so I don't know if that means the previous owner removed it or if we simply do not have one. Not sure that I was of any help but I tried? lol

Dream Evil
#3 Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
No, you do not. Its a 2.5L engine related issue. Much like the 2.0 has a crap UP cat and the 2.5s don't. I base this off dumdum's expertise and the fact that the article clearly states its a 2.5 L issue. There is a Subaru Service bulletin also...stating it's a 2.5 issue. 07s don't have the screen from what I remember. Much like the fact that the AVCS screen was pulled in early 05.