ohio emissions test stage 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Clevelandwrx is an unknown
ohio emissions test stage 2

wanna hear from anyone who has passed an ohio emissions test running stage two, what did u have to do to pass, im not currently running stage 2, but if i did i would just buy a catless up and down pipe and leave the stock catback, anyone running anything like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
To pass emissions, you would probably have to pay the guys off, or go back to stock. What i would do is just take the downpipe off for emissions and put it back on after emissions. And flash to stage 1 for smog, then back to stage 2 after.
#3 Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
My recommendation is going to a gas station that which you have been going to for a while and perhaps some of the guys recognize or know you to some degree dragging one to the side and asking him about it, or some random gas station might due I mean generally speaking they don't care to much about that stuff. I am lucky there is a local gas station and the owner's sons both work there and are both into cars, the one guy has a petty sick fox body mustang but that's aside from the point, they basically manage it so since there into cars they can kinda understand my pain, the fact that they both know my dad pretty well also helps out in any rate though they passed me for I believe 72 dollars. (I am alittle bit past stage 2 but none the less I have no cats.) Hope that can help you out some.

Dream Evil
#4 Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Clevelandwrx is an unknown
in ohio they just plug into the data port under the steering, i dont think they actually check the exhaust coming out...the tests in ## states sound different, i cant do it at a gas station, the state runs a emissions testing place so the "payoff" probably bad idea
#5 Old 01-06-2009, 04:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
If you have any CEL's then you will fail automatically. You could try and pass if they don't do the sniffer test but here in California, you can't get away with anything unless you are loaded with cash.
#6 Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Cleveland: If they're not doing a sniff test. As long as your tuned and your not throwing any CELs. You should pass with flying colors. A catted DP would make it a little bit easier to pass, if they also do a visual. Most times they don't do a visual, unless they're sniffing also. So, in short....if they're just scanning codes. You should be fine.
#7 Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wasp642 is an unknown
also, if you have a relative in a non emissions county like ashtabula or something (like me) you don't ever have to get E-check after you first title the car in your name

-02 WRX Blouch 18G'd Juggernaut of Beastliness.
#8 Old 01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

tunafish is an unknown
I have a 2004 Forester xt I had e-check last year watched them like a hawk and asked questions like I knew nothing about e-check.
They plug right in to the ECU for the check then they pressure test the gas tank and no visual inspection
In April I take the WRX running stage 2 with no cats never threw a cel and Im not tuching a thing I will let you know how it goes
#9 Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
All this emissions test talk makes me glad we dont have to take them here! (yet?)

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!