nitrous - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 Old 03-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Suspended

conejo is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to conejo
ANY OF U KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN U USE IT?
COULD I RUN THE NITROUS WITH THE ENGINE , AND THE NTERCOOLER KIT TO COOL IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 03-15-2003, 03:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

moldyhands is an unknown
my buddy has the intercooler kit, he says you only notice any difference in 3rd and 4th gear when you have a longer pull.

Speed limits don't apply to AWD.
post #18 of 25 Old 03-15-2003, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

1 fast POS is an unknown
Cold air makes power. If you have nitrous, and have no problem using it in your engine, then have fun.
If you want to lower your intake temps, use CO2 on the IC instead of nitrous, it's cheap. Dyno Jet rule, for every 10*F drop in intake temps, you will receive 1% HP increase. Since CO2 yields temperatures near 75*F below zero, this will have a significant drop in intake temps. You do the math, Turbo makes 250*F boost (or near at high boost pressures), intercooler tries to cool at 80F on a hot day, in the end the intake takes the Boost around 120. If the intercooler is being cooled with a 75* below charge those intake temps could be more near 60* (or lower). You can actually bring intake temps below the outside ambient temperature. Now you just dropped 60* off of your intake temp, that’s 6% gain in HP, on a 300Hp car you just gained 18HP. These numbers are all assumed and simply used for example, however I feel that I kept the examples within reason, and maybe even underestimated some. Remember that 14PSI (cool) is safer and has more power potential than 16-17PSI (hot). CO2 on the IC is like straight intercooler CRACK....
:eek:

[IMG]http://www.madmaxcars.com/fx_cars/ToecutterChase.jpg[/IMG]
post #19 of 25 Old 03-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Suspended

conejo is an unknown
what u mean by CRACK?
any one knows how it feels when u use Nitrous?
U think i could fit 2 bottles in the trunk and a Box with 12in subs? plu amp.
is it worth using the nitrous on the intercooler and engine?
post #20 of 25 Old 03-16-2003, 10:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
i used to have a dakota r/t v8 5.9 lts w nitrous express kit with a 150 hp shot when you hit it felt like someone has kicked you on the rear and really hard but this was a 150 shot with nos computer and a well tuned engine to handle that i ran 13 flat on the 1/4 but when the bottle is empty you are nobody ,my friend has a turbo civic w 35 shot of nos and it feels like and overdrive pull on an automatic trans .not so impressive! in my opinion to cool down the intercooler w nos is way to expensive and is not a bang for the buck unless you dont care about the monbey and your engine is well tuned and builds up serious amounts of boost
post #21 of 25 Old 03-16-2003, 10:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
once againg still waiting for someone to tell me times on the track w nos and the amount of the shot anybody? also what mods along w the nos want to create and idea ,if nos is worth it on this cars or what ?
post #22 of 25 Old 03-16-2003, 10:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

koki is an unknown
also all you guys using nex be advise the tube inside the bottle tends to get bent factory defect,it can be fixed if you experience surgings with the nex and bottle is full or almost full check this out empty the bottle remove the entire valve from the bottle the tube inside the bottle should be straight if its bended need to be replaced
post #23 of 25 Old 03-16-2003, 11:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

1 fast POS is an unknown
koki, you are absolutely right. A car should be made fast without N2O. Then if you want to throw a shot in to make the car rediculous, fine. But if you are all nitrous then I gaurantee you will get caught with your pants down from time to time.
To spray the IC with CO2 is different though and just as cold, it will not have the impact of nitrous actually sprayed in the engine of course. But it will drastically lower intake temps. I live in NY, the snow just broke the other day so I take the 87 Supra (7MGTE Turbo) for a spin. Car felt like a friggin ANIMAL. The cold air (45*F) is definately making POWER. On the other end of the spectrum I've raced in the dead blistering heat of summer, and the Supra or Turbo Talon feel ,,, bbbbblllllllllaaaaaaahhhhhh. Like they need some rest or something.
CO2 on the IC will simply give you the air temps and resulting power of a frosty cold day. While at the same time eliminate light to light heat soak in a second. WRX guys with TMIC should know heat soak.

[IMG]http://www.madmaxcars.com/fx_cars/ToecutterChase.jpg[/IMG]
post #24 of 25 Old 03-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Suspended

conejo is an unknown
WHICH ONE, NX, ZEX, NOS, VENOM, DO U GUYS THINK IS THE SAFEST?
AND MORE QUALITY?
WHAT ABOUT DIRECT PORT?
post #25 of 25 Old 03-30-2003, 01:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

2003wrx is an unknown
is it safe to install a zex dry nitrous kit?

Quote:
Originally posted by tommy
thanks for the info i heard the NX kit is great, and i like how you spent a little extra and got the purge kit i bet your set up is nice as far as your nos system no thanks ive spent a little to much on my car all ready im going to wait for summer hear in Ohio till i buy anthing else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement