Next step-up from TD04? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-26-2011, 05:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
06-07 WRX injector flow = STi injector flow

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

bfodle is an unknown
#18 Old 08-26-2011, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

bfodle is an unknown
These are supposed to be good with VF turbos and 16G turbos. At least from what I've been reading for the last few months, paired with a Walbro 255 fuel pump.
#19 Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Those won't work with your manifold. Those are side feed injectors you need top feed injectors.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#20 Old 08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
02-07 WRX & 04-07 STI Deatschwerks Top & Side-Feed Injectors: JSC Speed

Top Fed:
WRXs 2002-2007
STI 2007

Side Fed:
STI 2004-2006

2006 WRX and up use 565cc injectors and 2004-2006 STIs used 550cc injectors.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#21 Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So to narrow it down new turbo upgrade = new injectors, new fuel pump, custom tune to get the full effect.
Is there any need to step the plugs colder also?

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
#22 Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I would say yes on the NSC plugs.
I didn't realize the older STi injectors were 550cc... Nice to know Kirt.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#23 Old 08-27-2011, 09:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

bfodle is an unknown
I was under the impression that with the fuel rails from these side feed injectors that I could swap them. Is that not correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Those won't work with your manifold. Those are side feed injectors you need top feed injectors.
#24 Old 08-27-2011, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllExtinct View Post
So to narrow it down new turbo upgrade = new injectors, new fuel pump, custom tune to get the full effect.
Is there any need to step the plugs colder also?
No that would be a waste of plugs. I don't and look at my mods...People will debate it, but personally it's not needed. Indexing the plugs would be more of a benefit than colder plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfodle
I was under the impression that with the fuel rails from these side feed injectors that I could swap them. Is that not correct?
Not that I am aware of.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 08-27-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: God my spelling is awful...
#25 Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
I would say yes on the NSC plugs.
I didn't realize the older STi injectors were 550cc... Nice to know Kirt.
Yep, it held my lil VF39 back some...until my tuner tuned them for 105% duty cycles. lol. Way back when...my car was almost stock. It seems like such a long time ago.
Unless you are beating on your car more than you are driving it the speed limit....I don't think next step colder plugs do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfodle View Post
Are you using the fuel rails from a 2006 STI and the injectors?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#26 Old 08-27-2011, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllExtinct View Post
Was thinking about stepping up from TD04 but nothing major that would make me buy a bunch of other parts. One that would be work with AP.
If you upgrade your turbo you will have to buy a lot of other parts to keep up with it. Injectors, intercooler, and fuel pump at a minimum to take advantage of your bigger turbo. My old WRX hauled ass with a VF30, Pinks and an intercooler. The OTS maps suck for these kinds of upgrades. You really need to get a custom tune to take advantage of the upgrades.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#27 Old 08-27-2011, 07:28 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I run the stock plugs on my setup also, so you can do it and be fine. Like Keith said, just check the gaps before dropping them in. And upgrading a turbo, and supporting mods, the Cobb AP can still be used. I have a dozen custom maps for my 20G setup, you just need a protune, which is better for the car and any setup to include stock.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#28 Old 08-27-2011, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

bfodle is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Are you using the fuel rails from a 2006 STI and the injectors?
Well, I'm not using them, but I have the rails and injectors from an 06 STi.
#29 Old 08-28-2011, 10:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfodle View Post
In order to swap to the side feed injectors you would need change out the TGV housings, fuel rails, and injectors. More work than it is really worth. Sell the STI injectors and get a set of Deatchwerks injectors.

DeatschWerks.com | WRX 2002-11 | WRX | Subaru | Sport Compact | Fuel Injectors | DeatschWerks

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#30 Old 08-28-2011, 10:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

bfodle is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjott21 View Post
In order to swap to the side feed injectors you would need change out the TGV housings, fuel rails, and injectors. More work than it is really worth. Sell the STI injectors and get a set of Deatchwerks injectors.

DeatschWerks.com | WRX 2002-11 | WRX | Subaru | Sport Compact | Fuel Injectors | DeatschWerks
Thanks for the info. Sounds like too much for what it's worth. I'll just go with the top feeds and sell the side feeds.