Subaru WRX Forum banner

newbie Q's

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
Hey what is it that i can buy to make the ecu think the o2 sensors are working right so i can put a header and exhaust on and cut the cats off. and any suggestions on what header and muffler i should buy, at a reasonable price, header for like less than 300$ and muffler for less than 300$ i have a very low budget...lol im just tired of the stock exhaust.

thanks,brandon

#4 ·
its a 2.2k ohm 1/2 watt resistor for the EGT. For the front O2 sensor, you would just install it like normal because there are no cats before that sensor, The rear O2 you can use 2 anti-foul spark plug adapters

#7 ·
Haha, thats Nagyead' signature. Thats where you have seen that before. I also kind of believe in that, and the saying you get what you pay for also. But thats just me. I have seen some of the cheap stuff and what it does or doesnt do. Just wait and save, just cause you have money doesnt mean you have to spend it, and wants and needs are very different things also. Just my two cents though.

#9 ·
That was my ode to Nagyhead. I believe it whole heartedly! You get what you pay for most times.

Brand names tend to be more expensive because they put mad more R&D into their products. I.E. Cobb fits perfectly and flows like crazy. They have a super easy to interface tuning product. With them I believe you are paying for convenience. Great company though!

Nagyhead, sounds like your Grandpa is a wise wise man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.