Subaru WRX Forum banner

New Mods, Is it safe to drive?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Boostbuddy 
#1 ·
This comming up winter I will be putting some new mods on my wrx including modded stock injectors (880cc), Fuel pump, ssautochrome fmic, evo 3 16g (ported and polished), act street clutch, and finally a ppg gearbox. I will be sending the tranny and injectors out to get done, the rest will be done by myself and a good friend who has a local shop. My question is, will it be safe to drive the 100 miles or so to P&L Motorsports and get dyno tuned on a cobb ots 16g map?

#7 ·
Contact your tuner... He can give you a 'cripple' map in 2 seconds.

With a cripple map, it would be fairly safe to drive down, staying out of boost completely if possible.

Thats what Im doing. I did 18g/FMIC/680cc injectors/255 walbro... I got a cripple map... Ive driven around 40 miles so far with it. (Mostly out of necessity... work). Its another 50 to XXTuning from where I am. Ill be driving down tomorrow morning.

I did throw a CEL from driving though. Forget the number... It was Fuel Trim Malfunction - Running too rich.

Eh, I guess its better than lean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.