need some advice - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-06-2011, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

diesel paul is more helpful than not
need some advice

i want to get some more power out of my 2.0 it has some basic add ons a slightly larger turbo ,exhaust and intake im going to get a cobb tuner i heard they are good an someone also told me to put the sti injectors on it
am i headed in the right direction?

2003 wrx hatch upgraded turbo three inch turbo back upgraded up pipe subaru upgrade intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Wait. You've been running a bigger turbo and haven't done a tune? I just wanted to make sure. Anyway, you're kind of going the right direction, although I would say go with the plan to tune it for whatever modifications are done. A downpipe is another part on the list that you'll want. Really, I would go in this order:

Downpipe, larger injectors (not necessarily STi injectors, but I'll be selling mine soon if you're set on them), fuel pump, and tune at the same time.

I would recommend against doing any part separately aside from the tune. You can do that via an AccessPort or a local tuner if you have one you can trust. And when I say that, I mean the only one you can do without the others is the tune. You shouldn't do any of those parts individually without the tune. Read up on this forum and you will see plenty of people that are doing their work in the right order. Tuning is a big part of making power with a Subaru.

post #3 of 4 Old 03-08-2011, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

diesel paul is more helpful than not
thank you honda fan there is a tune on the car but i bought the car this way an the guy who tuned it went out of business so im guessing there is a reason he isnt around still
an there is a full exhaust system no cats after the turbo i believe its 3 inch turbo back n1 style how much were u thinking for the injectors

2003 wrx hatch upgraded turbo three inch turbo back upgraded up pipe subaru upgrade intake
post #4 of 4 Old 07-05-2011, 01:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

kelvin is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel paul View Post
thank you honda fan there is a tune on the car but i bought the car this way an the guy who tuned it went out of business so im guessing there is a reason he isnt around still
an there is a full exhaust system no cats after the turbo i believe its 3 inch turbo back n1 style how much were u thinking for the injectors
thanks friend i also need this advice.
thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement