need to make custom intake, few questions. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-22-2005, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

stiffler is an unknown
need to make custom intake, few questions.

Ok, putting a gt35r in car tonight and tomorrow, and found that i need to make a custome intake, not a problem, but will i have to plumb all those vaccum lines or breaters into the intake, are they necessary? And the one breather closest to the turbo on the black rubber intake with wiring harness on it.. What is it and what does it do and what is its importance?

going to need some help getting it tuned using the utec, should be ready tommorrow or sunday, anybody game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2005, 10:35 AM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
I believe you are referring to the valve cover vents and PCV vent. The Positive crankcase valve vent is the one w/ the harness. I know people have taken the PCV valve and valve cover vent and tapped them both into the same catch can. They then resistor the wiring harness and use the valve cover vent (the one farther from the turbo) to vent both the PCV and valve covers into the intake. As for removing both vents totally, I don't think it is a good idea. Good luck w/ everything.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-23-2005, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
The plug right in front of the turbo on top of the stock turbo inlet just needs connectivity. You can either cut it and pigtail the wires together, or, you should be able to reach in the female end with some needle nose pliers and pull out the metal connector. Plug that into the male side and tape it up, good to go.

FP Green'd 04 STi

Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement