Need info on a JDM N1 exhaust - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-03-2009, 11:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

kfxrider90 is an unknown
Need info on a JDM N1 exhaust

oops wrong area of the forum mods.Please move.

02 03 04 05 06 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX TURBO CATBACK EXHAUST:eBay Motors (item 390090824844 end time Oct-05-09 21:08:31 PDT)

I searched and came up with nothing. I wanted to get a more expensive exhaust, but I just had to pay for a new front bumper and pain job so my spending money for the car got shot Anyone have any opinions or info on this? I havent heard of it.

I'm a noob.

I only have about this much money to spend up to 200 dollars and saw it

03 wrx stock Uppipe and Dp

I dont want something crazy loud because of cops and plus I will be taking it offroad if that matters.Such as fire roads. Or would you guys recommend something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-04-2009, 01:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

goodboyWRX is an unknown
i bought the same catback from the same people about 6 months ago and I love it. as far as volume goes its pretty loud I guess you would say which doesn't bother me. Never gets annoying even on long highway trips, and looks sweet too. I constantly get compliments about it and people asking what kind it is. I'd say get it, you'll love it. ebay cat back and high quality downpipe is the way to go, good luck.
#3 Old 10-04-2009, 02:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

crazyfast is an unknown
just by looking at it, that looks like a 2.5" exhaust. i may be wrong though. and generally speaking, anything that costs that little almost has to have some quality (there is NO way in hell that is true t304) and fitment issues...
#4 Old 10-04-2009, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

kfxrider90 is an unknown
Thanks guys.Really thinking about getting one, but still looking for a lil more info.I dont want to get something I have to shit can in a year or so.
#5 Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

goodboyWRX is an unknown
I've had mine for about 6 months and No real issues to speak of. No leaks, and fitment was on point. we'll see how she lasts through the winter up here though. Like I said before though, I would definitely go for it, you won't be disappointed
#6 Old 10-30-2009, 02:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

VTrider36 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to VTrider36
can you guys check to make sure it is indeed 3" piping? i'm also interested in this part but only if it is 3" and the pics do look 2.5

i just think its funny how people will pay so much for a catback, as long as it fits and sounds good theres no need for a $600 catback.
#7 Old 10-30-2009, 02:34 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
So whats your reasoning then between a 3" exhaust and a 2.5"? if the looks and sounds are right. Just because its 3" doesnt really mean you will be or are making more power.CobbTuning.com - Exhaust Design

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 11-02-2009, 04:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

VTrider36 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to VTrider36
oh no im not looking for power gains from a catback, that just isnt going to happen. i just want the standard 3" just for premier power once the rest of the exhaust is assembled. might as well have a 3" catback when your downpipe is 3" at the junction yes?
#9 Old 11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I don't know I don't like buying stuff from retailers that can't assemble a proper sentence.... That description is all commas..

-Chris
#10 Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

c2bcoolwrx is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
I don't know I don't like buying stuff from retailers that can't assemble a proper sentence.... That description is all commas..
+1. That and...

JDM N1 Exhausts = RICE

Sorry, I just don't like the look of that big/ugly @ss fartcan. I prefer the more subtle twin tip look (i.e. Borla Hush, Vibrant StreetPower, Stromung, Maddad Whisper).