Need help with clutch release fork! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-24-2008, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
Need help with clutch release fork!

ok so im pulling the transmission in my 02 wrx and i went to pull the pin for the clutch release fork. I used the bolt but half of it broke off inside and now i have no clue what to do next!? is there any suggestions to get this damn pin out?? here is a picture of the pin but its not from my car..
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-24-2008, 12:08 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
how on earth did you break the bolt?
you can buy those reverse drill extractors to drill and remove the broken bolt, once its removed then you thread a ned bolt in there.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #3 of 12 Old 02-24-2008, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
its really in there like the pin will not budge at all! i have 160k on the car so i have no clue if the clutch was already replaced with the previous owner? i would imagine they did though and i have no clue who did the work.. well i was able to get a nut at the end of it so im going to try to create some puller and see if it works.
post #4 of 12 Old 02-24-2008, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
do i really need to remove this pin to pull the transmission? is there any way around it because this damn pin really wont budge?!
post #5 of 12 Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
yes you have to remove it because its attached to the throwout bearing, which is clipped into the pressure plate. i suppose you can do it caveman stlye and pull that bitch out, but you will damage you throw out bearing, and pressure plate (which you should be replacing any ways) and possibly bend you cluctch release fork.
If you get the trans out you still have to get the wrist pin out to put the trans back in

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #6 of 12 Old 02-24-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
that really might be my only option..i have a brand new throw out bearing and pressure plate so if it really comes down to forcing that shit i will.. Once the transmission is out it will be easy to get that pin out but lack of room is really making it bad.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
WRXpert

good luck, i'd source a release fork before i tried that method

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #8 of 12 Old 02-25-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
ahhhhh finaly got that damn pin out..i went and got some needle nose vice grips and a can of wd-40. An hour after messing with it the pin finally decided to come out. The transmission was cake walk after all that. However i would much much much rather work on a 240sx..i can have my sr20 out with the engine and transmission and put it all back and running in 2 1/2 hours tops.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-25-2008, 09:02 PM
WRXpert

clean that bitch off really good, i would use a red 3m scrub pad. and lube it up before you stick it back in.

be careful of the loose release fork when putting ithe transmission back in, its easy to get it jammed against the pressure plate. every time you tighten a bolt make sure you can still move the release fork. it s alittle tricky to get the fork on the throwout bearing as well.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #10 of 12 Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
so everything went back properly..my only question is where does the transmission ground plug into? i forgot to disconnect it so the bottom half broke off went i dropped the transmission... heres the pic of the wire

Last edited by king723; 02-27-2008 at 01:33 AM.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-27-2008, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

king723 is an unknown
heres the pic..
Attached Images

post #12 of 12 Old 02-27-2008, 03:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
If its a ground which I am pretty sure it is it can be attached to any proper grounding point.

That monster of a pin is always a PITA.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.