need help choosing a 16g - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 01-18-2006, 02:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to BiggSean Send a message via Yahoo to BiggSean
Quote:
Originally Posted by knot04
if what you are saying is true then you are telling me that there is no performance to be gained or lost due to end tank design, or core integrity? seriously we both know thats not true. there is a reason why COSMO gaind power when he switched from his hyperflow TMIC to his APS FMIC, and it wasnt because of the greater cooling. the APS has the lowest pressure drop of ANY intercooler. lower pressure drop = more power. do you really think that a budget e-bay intercooler is as good as an APS or Perrin?????
I didnt say it was as good, that would be silly. But for somebody looking to spend around 300$ it's an excellent alternative to the STI tmic. However, I just ran across a deal on a Turbo XS intercooler with silicone Y-pipe for only $600 shipped. I think i'm going to just get this one. If just for the peace of mind and knowing it should bolt right in without much fitment issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-18-2006, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
Update: I went ahead and ordered the TXS TMIC from world one performance for 599$ shipped. Just couldn't pass up that deal. It comes with a silicone hose and everything. Now...here's a question for you guys: Would it be advantageous for me to install this TMIC on my current Stage 2 cobb car before doing the turbo/injectors/pump? I was going to try and tackle the install myself to save some money on labor.
#33 Old 01-18-2006, 03:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

nick4592 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to nick4592 Send a message via MSN to nick4592 Send a message via Yahoo to nick4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggSean
Update: I went ahead and ordered the TXS TMIC from world one performance for 599$ shipped. Just couldn't pass up that deal. It comes with a silicone hose and everything. Now...here's a question for you guys: Would it be advantageous for me to install this TMIC on my current Stage 2 cobb car before doing the turbo/injectors/pump? I was going to try and tackle the install myself to save some money on labor.

It is a fairly easy install should only take an hour or so to do...the TMIC shouldn't get in the way of the other installs you want except for the turbo...

"Life's a bowl of punch so go ahead and Spike it!" -311
#34 Old 01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

rexin is an unknown
Hey guys. I'm new to the site, how you post new threads? Thx.

Last edited by 9d2TSi; 01-18-2006 at 08:45 PM.
#35 Old 01-18-2006, 03:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Send a message via AIM to nick4592 Send a message via MSN to nick4592 Send a message via Yahoo to nick4592
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexin
hey guys.......... I`m new to the site, how you post new threads?? Thx

When you are on the main page click on the topic (ie 'Bolt ons') and on the top left there is a button for New Thread.

#36 Old 01-18-2006, 05:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

rexin is an unknown
Thx bro....good lookin out!! so what ya guys think of her?? man, what a difference / the turboback!! uppipe & E.M next ;-)
#37 Old 01-18-2006, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

ManicsWrX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ManicsWrX
Clean...lookn nice bro

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
#38 Old 01-18-2006, 10:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
Hmmm....so i've gotten the proverbial ball rolling here with the purchase of a TurboXS TMIC, and the the momentum 40T soon to come after. I was wondering, is the stock BOV sufficent to handle the extra boost/pressure that my new setup is going to be putting out? The car will be getting protuned immediately after and I really want to have all the right parts before I get it tuned.
#39 Old 01-19-2006, 05:17 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Hmmm....so i've gotten the proverbial ball rolling here with the purchase of a TurboXS TMIC, and the the momentum 40T soon to come after. I was wondering, is the stock BOV sufficent to handle the extra boost/pressure that my new setup is going to be putting out? The car will be getting protuned immediately after and I really want to have all the right parts before I get it tuned.
If you want to be on the safe side i would get the Forge recirculating valve.Its adjustable and diverts the air just like stock.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#40 Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

ManicsWrX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ManicsWrX
I am running stock BOV with 17PSI i hear anything over 20 PSI has potential to leak, if you dont go over 20 im sure your fine....make sure its fittings are all tight before you close the hood after install, you dont want to leak boost.

Chris- ▼SbiΣ Mi▼
242 AWHP / 318 TQ
#41 Old 01-19-2006, 08:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:

An aftermarket BOV wouldn't be a bad idea...but you could also crush your stock on to make it hold more boost...but I would personally go with the APS...

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/blow.htm

#42 Old 01-19-2006, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick4592
An aftermarket BOV wouldn't be a bad idea...but you could also crush your stock on to make it hold more boost...but I would personally go with the APS...

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/blow.htm
It doesn't sound too ricey does it? I'm still trying to go for some stealth factor here, although a subtle "woosh" wouldn't be too bad.
#43 Old 01-19-2006, 12:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
It doesn't sound too ricey does it? I'm still trying to go for some stealth factor here, although a subtle "woosh" wouldn't be too bad.
No it's not that loud at all and it holds pressure very well

#44 Old 01-19-2006, 12:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
What other BOV's besides the APS would work well for comparisons sake?
#45 Old 01-19-2006, 12:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

BiggSean is an unknown
And is the APS a 100$ atmospheric bov?