Need Help (300+ hp) - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-04-2006, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jp102895 is an unknown
Question Need Help (300+ hp)

Need a little help guys new to the wrx community. The mods I have on my car are perrin exhaust, perrin up-pipe, down pipe, and an injen rd cai. I've decided to go with a cobb ap, with the help of some of the other members. I am fixing to put on a manual boost controller also. I've also been told to have the car pro-tuned, which I'm in the process of setting up with a tuner out of houston. By having him tune it will I be around 300hp at the wheels or even close? In my area there are some quick cars. I want to gain top end on my car. Should I look for torque or hp? I've also been told by other wrx owners that our cars are not that good when it comes to top end. I want to be able to outlast hondas and integras on the top end. Thanks for all the help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-04-2006, 01:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

theaxemaster is an unknown
For an EJ20 with just those mods I don't think you can make 300 at the wheels. 250 maybe, 300 I seriously doubt it. Most maps for the TBE are 280 at the crank. A pro tune might get you to 300 at the crank, but that's only around 250 at the wheels. Why the MBC? Why not let the engine take care of it? You're better off. If you want better response, get the perrin boost control solenoid.

You want HP if you want to outlast hondas and integras. You're talking FMIC, bigger turbo and bigger injectors/fuel pump at least. Our cars are designed more for low end torque and hp (hence the TMIC) so you've got to rearrange things a bit. A set of headers might do you some good if you're going for 300 at the wheels also.

I'm sure someone here could give you a good turbo recommendation.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-04-2006, 03:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
I'd tell you to skip the mbc and the cai. You're EM in conjunction with the stock bcs will control boost for you. That and you won't run into the part throttle boost issues associated with an mbc. As for 300 at the wheels, you're more than likely not going to get that with the stock turbo, IC, and fuel system.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
post #4 of 5 Old 07-04-2006, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jp102895 is an unknown
Thanks for the info. I will keep you updated on the car.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-13-2006, 05:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

LilSix is an unknown
Save your money on the protune. Dont get a manual boost controller. With your mods you might only gain like 15hp over the stock AP map. not worth the 400+dollars, in my opinion. After you get a bigger turbo or intercooler, then get a protune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement