NEED for a boost guage - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2003, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

spacejunki is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to spacejunki Send a message via Yahoo to spacejunki
Question NEED for a boost guage

Just so you know, my car is still COMPLETELY stock, even the air filter.

I know that everyone says that your first mod should be a boost guage, but do I NEED one if I'm just getting a K&N filter, Cobb Tuning ECU remapping, and turbo back exhaust? I mean, the ECU manages boost for me right? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just asking a question. I probably wouldn't look at the boost guage often anyway.

I have no experience with modding cars. I would prefer to let proven tuners, like Cobb Tuning, to do all of the tuning for me. I just want to use their experience and equipment.

Please give me your opinion, if you feel that you know enough to give honest advice.

By the way, I outran an S2000 the other day, starting on a curved entrance to a highway. His rear end slipped around a little while I kept pulling away. I just thought I'd share that little tidbit of AWD superiority piece with you fellows. That race made my day. Besides, he started it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2003, 06:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

beanswrx is an unknown
the boost guage is just like anyother guage, it just warns you if something starts going wrong and hopefully you can stop it. if your car starts over boosting you will hit the fuel cut. so it's up to you if you wanna know wuts going on under the hood or not.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-28-2003, 07:00 PM

Gerlando is an unknown
Yup, a boost gauge will help you alert you if something's "off" with your car. Same goes for an EGT. From the sounds of what you're doing you could probably get away without one since it doesn't sound like you're planning on being too agressive. But they're not very expensive and super easy to install. So it's a toss up. !Notfunny!

-Gerlando.
<a href=http://www.script-install.com>Script-Install.com</a> | <a href=http://www.enjoychuck.com>EnjoyChuck</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement