Mystery nipple - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-28-2008, 05:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Mystery nipple

I'm about one hour and some miscellaneous parts away from being done with my rebuild. There are a few hoses we're not sure about, the main one being a brass colored 1/2" metal nipple on top of the block just in front of the bell housing. I don't remember pulling a hose off of it, maybe there was supposed to be and wasn't, or maybe nothing ever went there. I'm running a TMIC on WRX heads with an STI Block. I thought also it might not have been needed when the original owner did the STI bottom end install.

My friend thinks it is a vent for the crank case, but where and if it goes to anything is unclear. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-28-2008, 05:55 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
A pic would help

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#3 Old 07-28-2008, 07:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I don't have access to the car, sorry. The garage I'm using is my cousin's, like 20 mi. away.
#4 Old 07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
is it the one right by the turbo more to the passenger side?...if so, it goes to the pcv valve under the throttle body.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#5 Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Is that the black one that is cut at like a 30 - 45 degree angle at the end? About 6 to 8 inches away right? We thought that might have been it, but it looked like the metal nipple was a little bigger.
#6 Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
yes sir.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#7 Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll let you guys know how she fires up today
#8 Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Its about time you get that thing back together. Just kidding man. Glad to see things are coming together nicely for you though. Im sure you will be so excited to get your car back and running.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sorry I just saw your reply.

No joke----I've been having dreams about it for the past month. I am more than excited for my car to be done and driven by me.

Waiting for parts, and getting wrong parts, and the fact that it's like 20 to 30 minutes away have added up to the job taking way tooooo long.