Subaru WRX Forum banner

mrt fmic on the way

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Wickedwrxwagon 
#1 ·
I went and did it. I found a sweet deal on a used MRT fmic and it should be here later this week.

It's by far the biggest FMIC core available right now. I'll post pics and impressions when I get it installed.

#4 ·
The MRT IC is very cool. It was a little bit of a pain to install on the wagon. Because the fender doesn't bulge on a wagon like a sedan, fitting the passenger side hardpipe took a little extra time. Also there is a ton of cutting of the front bumper and the IC hangs below the bumper so we had to make a lip to cover up the bottom exposed row. There are a few pics in my gallery if you want to see what it looks like with no bumper. It is very effecient, after running on the highway, the pipe to the TB is to cold to touch. And sometimes, if you drive to hard and throw it into neutral, the car stalls because the incoming air is way to cold.

Did you get a used IC with a full hardpipe on the drivers side or the newer one with the Samco shapped rubber pipe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.