Subaru WRX Forum banner

more mods?!!!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jenner4410 
#1 ·
So I just bought a tb exhaust and dont know what to do next. I like the look of a FMIC, but does it really make a difference? or would I be just as well off getting a larger top mount IC? I would do an up-pipe, but I am trying to stay with the original number of cats. I still have all 3 to this point. does anyone know of a pre-catted performance up-pipe? as for further mods, I dont know where to go from there. any suggestions anyone may have please share. I am open to any ideas at this point.

#5 ·
Correct, the Helix catted DP removes 2 for 1. If you plan on having ANY more power, you MUST remove the precat in the uppipe, otherwise this is about as far as you can go. Yes, it is the most effecient cat in your car, but it is also the most dangerous to have if you up power anymore. The reason is that with too much exhaust flow, it will just blow the cat right out of the UP and obliterate your turbo. As far as I know, I have never heard of an aftermarket uppipe with a cat. If you want loopholes, my dealership says *officially* warranty will not be voided as long as it is a Subaru part, so you could put on an STi uppipe, but I think your concern was emissions or moral values; I'm not sure.

#6 ·
California for you........----> I had a '96 mustang in which I got hit with an insanely priced ticket for not having my cats. I think it was like 600/missing cat. that car had 4 cats. 2400 for something that small really didn't seem worth it. I did not realize you could blow the factory cat right through your turbo. that would deffinantly not be a good thing. well I guess I stop here then. how hard is it to change the up pipe anyways. considering that I would "hopefully" (fingers crossed) only have to change back to the cats at emmisions time, if it's not too difficult, it might be a possibility. Thanks for all the help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.