Mods - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2004, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Boomshine is an unknown
Exclamation Mods

Speaking of mods. i want to know if i can get a exhuast system. idk about turbo back ### warnnenty is an issuse for me since im 16 and need the car to last. its got about 4000 miles on it and its an 04. i just wnana know if i got a short ram intake, downpipe+cat back and a bov, would this need to have a Utec or could i just keep the stock comp. ### for me money is hard to come by theses days. looking around i've seen the utecs go for like 950 and idk its not worth it to me becuz idk how to run all those programs and if something goes wrong there goes the warrenty. warrenty would ###### go with the down pipe but theres gotta be a way around that. if u guys can give me ## info on this would make things easier for me Thanks

Boomshine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2004, 10:15 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Turboback is the best bang for your buck. You get more power, sounds better, and looks better. Although a dealer says any type of mod voids the warranty, they can't not fix your radio because you put an exhaust in. The mod has to cause the problem for them to void it.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-09-2004, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

yelWRXlow1 is an unknown
Yeah a turbo back is definately great bang for the buck. If you are really worried about warranty issues, then order a few gaskets with your turboback and just swap it out if you have to take it in.......it only takes a half hour or so. Get a buddy and drop that sucker off and put the stocker back on! You wont regret it.......WARNING, putting a turboback on will infect you with the modding bug, and you wont be able to stock buying more performance parts, hahahahahaha
post #4 of 5 Old 10-10-2004, 01:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

chuckwagon is an unknown
check out ebay I see turbo back systems there all the time you will save a lot.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-10-2004, 01:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBAUCLAPlaya
Turboback is the best bang for your buck. You get more power, sounds better, and looks better. Although a dealer says any type of mod voids the warranty, they can't not fix your radio because you put an exhaust in. The mod has to cause the problem for them to void it.
PLaya is totally right. They call tell you about your warrenty all they want, but it's gotta be the source of the problem beforre the smoke they blow actually means anything. Good luck with the TBE install.

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"