Mod inputs - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 Old 07-18-2006, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroy is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to wrxroy
if you get cobbs a.p., they have a vf 34 map with the sti pinks n such. hit up cobbtuning.com for details. Also, COBB's short ram intake will work well with that. I've talked to a couple guys that have them and they really like it. Cobb uses it when they did the a.p. stages so you could run one with a stage 1 or 2. That would save you some money when it comes down to getting a tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 07-18-2006, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

white_streak is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to white_streak
the stock intake is good for up to 350 HP. From the looks of the mod list, you won't be getting to that without more stuff. Keep the stock box until you NEED to upgrade that would be my suggestion. But you prob won't, ### no one listens to the white streak The front mount is a no go but i bet you want it for the bling factor. No shame in that. If you really feel that you can't let it go just reconsider your turbo choice. Something like the VF 22 if your budget permits (and it sounds like it does). If you want the power without the problem, you best heed these guys' words. Good job on doing your homework BEFORE you shop, unlike so many kiddies on here. They just make good targets for my tongue lashings.

Jason
I ride the white lightning.
post #18 of 22 Old 07-18-2006, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Iroc-Z is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_streak
the stock intake is good for up to 350 HP. From the looks of the mod list, you won't be getting to that without more stuff. Keep the stock box until you NEED to upgrade that would be my suggestion. But you prob won't, ### no one listens to the white streak The front mount is a no go but i bet you want it for the bling factor. No shame in that. If you really feel that you can't let it go just reconsider your turbo choice. Something like the VF 22 if your budget permits (and it sounds like it does). If you want the power without the problem, you best heed these guys' words. Good job on doing your homework BEFORE you shop, unlike so many kiddies on here. They just make good targets for my tongue lashings.
Its always a good idea to do your home work. This is not my first time modding a car. My other car is a 86 Camaro that started out a 305 auto. Its now a 406 six speed with a 200 shot of the sauce and looks bone stock.
Now that I have the wrx I want to kind of show off that I have something. But I still need to drive it to work everyday. If I wanted another summer car I would rip the thing appart and go from there. I have actualy changed alot of my plans after asking questions on this board. So thanks guys!
post #19 of 22 Old 07-18-2006, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

JiveMasterT is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley03
Not as bad as a CAI but it would still benefit you to get it tuned with any kind of aftermarket intake.
And it will have very very few problems if you get a good heatshield for it and you aren't afraid to craft something to fill in for the spots that the prefabbed heatshields don't cover.

Patrick - 2007 STi Limited
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #20 of 22 Old 07-18-2006, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Iroc-Z is an unknown
Ok hahaha I finnaly figured out how the cai throws the computer off. At firs I thought you guys were just crazy. Since you bolt the maf part into the bigger diameter pipe it throws the computer off because more air is sneaking by.
post #21 of 22 Old 07-18-2006, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Iroc-Z is an unknown
Also looked at the vf22 I think I like that one better.
post #22 of 22 Old 07-19-2006, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroy is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to wrxroy
with the vf 22 you will experience alot of lag. Try going with a hybrid turbo or something similar. the 16g turbo would be a good one. deadbolt or foced performance. Going with the 16g, you'll be over the vf 34, but under the vf22 with alot better spool up. check out those other turbo's as well.