Missing Restrictor Pill?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
Missing Restrictor Pill??

Hello, i have a 02' WRX that i am preparing to tune w/Cobb AP tuner. I was verifying that i have a .052" restrictor pill in the vacuum line. When i got the line off that runs from the compressor housing to the wastegate i noticed there is no restrictor pill in there at all!! Is it because its a TD05-H Big 16g? Seems to me it should still have one in there.... Also i dropped the car off at a local import shop to have the vacuum line that runs from the turbo inlet pipe to the boost solenoid repaired. When i picked it up i found out that they removed that line AND the line FROM the solenoid to the T fitting.... They told me it was just a "bleed line" and i don't need it.... ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 10:57 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Yes you still need a pill and yes that is just a bleed line.I personally would have left the bleed line in place to keep crap from junking up the solenoid.The pill is not necessary when you swap to a 3-port soleniod or use an MBC.And really you don't need to worry about that pill untill you get some injectors and a tune

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 5 Old 11-25-2008, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TurboRyan is an unknown
So i now have STi 565cc injectors and a cobb AP tune installed. I am waiting on a fuel pump and restrictor pill that are on their way... So now i am trying to replace the vacuum line that the shop removed. The subaru dealership couldn't find any vacuum line to order for me, so the guy told me to just replace it with any rubber tubing. But do i need any specific tubing that won't colapse/melt? or will any rubber tubing work?
post #4 of 5 Old 11-29-2008, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_Fan_0717 is an unknown
I vote rip all the tubing from the Turbo/WG/BCS out completely. Get a GMBCS and a pig tail and use all new hosing. Then say bye bye to the crappy restrictor pill. Then turn your WDC down by at least 35% and go from there.

Just don't use the Acrylic (colored) tubing you will be fine.

I re-did all my hosing with the Autozone brown box stuff over a year ago and no leaks, stretching, or collapsing to date.

Plus, countless other peoples when installing their new BCSs.

Meth'd, EWG'd, Str8 Cut PPG'd, 20G'd Bug-i, 354awhp and 315tq SAE 5 Corrected 50/50 meth @ 19-20psi.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

WareX16 is an unknown
this is the part number for the restrictor pill for a 02 WRX i just ordered one: 22326 KH120
Sponsored Links
Advertisement