Subaru WRX Forum banner

making a motor a little more quiet.

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  subiespike 
#1 ·
So my 03 wrx is at about 83000 miles. Its a bit noisy, (nothing major) and i am wondering what i could do to quiet it down a lil. I am thinking about going with a 10w-40 motor oil this weekend. Any other ideas?

#11 ·
You know Checkers/Autozone/Advance all have this cool neat stuff called Lucas Oil treatment, it has the ability to clean your lifters, and also running a can of sea foam into your intake lines to the engine will help clean your lifters, us old school DSM guys use to do that so our cars would stop sounding like ticking time bombs. I know how hard rotella can be to find in this are especially in the weights your looking for, so the other options I gave you are easier to find and pretty dang cheap. If you need some info how do your intake line on your WRX give me a PM and I can walk you through it.

#13 ·
yea i am going with a thicker oil this weekend, but the sea foam idea sounds kinda cool. Im mainly just talking about the motor in general. I do have fp 16g and all other supporting mods (fmic, sti pinks, cobb AP, external wastegate ect...), so i trying to make the motor last as long as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.